Chapter 26: Back To Nothing

Kim Hyejin's POV

"Thank you, Taehyung," I said quietly as I put my luggage down. He sighed with a worried look, it was obvious that he was curious about my sudden choice.

"You don't have to do this, Hyejin-ssi," he insisted but I just shooked my head in response.

"I have to do this, I can't face him this moment." He frowned and just nodded. I sighed in relief that he finally let me.

He told me goodnight as he closed the hotel door without saying another word. I'm glad that he seems to respect my privacy. I looked at the new bed in front of me.

This was his room, I changed room with him. I just have to ignore Jungkook until I get executed, I guess. That's how things go in our little assassination group, if you don't do your job, it kills you instead.

I'm not just back to nothing but I am dead once I get back in Korea. I have made it clear with Wonho that I quit the mission on a random payphone. He was mad but he was also sad. Not only that he was going to kill his own member, but he was going to kill the person he loves. He made that clear on the phone.

I slumped on the bed with an excruciating headache from all the thinking. Wonho is disappointed in me. Jungkook hates me. In a few seconds, the whole BTS is going to hate me.

I should just die but I don't have the energy to kill myself. I don't even have the equipment to play a dangerous game—Russian Roulette because I gave Jungkook's revolver back.

The door opened but I didn't look up to check who it was. Probably Taehyung's roommate that he didn't even tell me.

"Taehyung told me that you two exchanged rooms, is everything okay?" I heard Yoongi's familiar voice.

I turned my back on him and tried to close my eyes but some tears just escaped. "I don't want to talk about it." I don't want to, I think talking about it is just going to make my headache worse.

And when it couldn't get any worse, I was reminded of the scene again. His expression after comprehending the truth, it was as if he was disgusted after knowing the truth. Me being reminded of this made my headache even more painful.

I stood up and looked at Yoongi, he was lying on his bed and was on his phone. I called out to him and he looked up.

"Can you please come with me?" I asked. "I need to buy some painkillers at a close-by pharmacy." I heard him sigh and stood up.

"Let's go? Are you sure you're okay?" I nodded without saying anything. We started walking out the door, only to see Jungkook in front of it. Knowing myself, I didn't lookup. I was just too embarrassed and affected to look at him in the eyes.

It was silence, I don't know how long I have been staring at the shoes in front of me. I felt Yoongi shifted on my side but I couldn't care less to look at him. I heard his tongue click and his body faced me.

"Uh... Hyejin, I won't be able to accompany you," he said making me look at him surprised and in disbelief. "I have to check on Hoseok, who has a fever." He pointed at Jungkook. "He can accompany you instead." He swiftly left and walked to a room that I suppose is Hoseok's.

We were both left with no spoken words. Jungkook decided to ease the atmosphere for a little bit.

"Where are you going?" The slight awkwardness was obvious in his tone. I just sighed and started to walk outside of the hotel. Jungkook catches up to me but I continued to walk a bit more faster than him.

"H-hey, wait for me." It was no use, he's taller than me—thus he's faster. I then decided to walk normally and inhale the cold breeze of the night.

There were still people roaming the beach even though it's already dark. Some were beach walking, some are eating dinner at open restaurants, and some are just having fun.

"Where are we going?" The way how Jungkook casually talks to me like nothing happened between us was infuriating. How come I'm the only one affected here? I believe that he should be more affected, not me!

I didn't speak a word, I was quiet the whole time. The only reason I couldn't say a word is because I was afraid. The worst fear of mine already happened—he found out but I was afraid that he will completely shut me out of his life.

I gulp down the burden that was forming in my throat. Jungkook seems to understand that I didn't want a conversation at this moment. He sighed and just followed me to where I was going.

While walking aimlessly, I managed to take a glance at a henna tattoo artist. My heart ached because Jungkook and I made an agreement that we will have matching tattoos by our foot, even if it's just temporary. I looked over at my side where Jungkook was, he was looking at the artist as well, a solemn expression on his face.

I looked away, unable to bear that expression. It hurts to see him hurting but I did this to myself. This was karma's payback, my stupidity got the best of me.

When we arrived at d*mall, I went straight to the pharmacy section and asked for a few tablets of painkillers. When I got them, Jungkook was browsing some products to buy.

I walked closer to him and was about to grab the ramen cup but it looks like we were going for the same cup. I pulled away from the electricity from his touch and forced myself not to let the blood rush to my face.

Quickly, I grabbed a different cup and waited for him so we can check out the things we are going to buy. Jungkook sighed again.

"You didn't have to change rooms with Taehyung... couldn't you bear to spend the night with me?" He whispered, the desperation evident in his voice. Oh, how it breaks me to hear him suffer.

In a hurry to not say anything I will regret, I quickly walked away from him. I bit my lower lip in frustration, tears threatening to fall.

Why can't you just hate me again, Jeon Jungkook?