Chapter 36: Goodbye

Kim Hyejin's POV

"Jieun!" I pushed Namjoon and Yoongi off me to run to Jieun. She was on the ground and holding where she was shot at with a pained expression. "Hey! Stay with me!"

I was frantic. I didn't know what to do. I put my hands on her wound to put pressure on it to stop the bleeding. Jieun cried, and looked at me with sad eyes.

My tears fell like a river as I look at her. "Don't do this to me please, don't die on me," I shakily said and looked at everyone watching us, hoping for help.

"Hyejin-ssi," Jieun croaked. I looked at her again and held her hands.

"Please stay alive! You promised me!"

"Hyejin-ssi," she repeated and held my face. "Please leave my body, throw me in a river. The police will find me—"

"Don't say that!" I yelled, crying even more.

"The police will find me and tell my family. Do this for me as my final wish." Her eyelids were almost closing. I couldn't accept this, this has to be a dream, right?

I shooked my head while tightening my grip on her hand. "Please, you're the only one I have left."

"I'm sorry," she huskily said. Her grip was loosening. "I didn't want to die..." She smiles weakly, then her hand on my face suddenly fell.

"Goodbye..."

It went quiet. She went quiet. 

"Jieun?" I looked at her face, it was still. Her eyes were still open.

"Jieun?!"

Someone walked towards me, it was a girl from our group. What's her name? Right, Jieun.

"What's wrong, Pheonix?" She asked while sitting beside me. She's kinda like a friend of mine, she's the only one who talks to me other than Hawk because the others are scared of me, I guess.

"Jieun? Wake up!"

"Phoenix!" I heard someone say. I quickly turned around and saw Jieun. I scowled at her and motioned her to come to me.

She quickly walked towards me. I pulled her towards me and I whispered-shouted at her ear. "Don't call me by my codename in public! I know it's against the rules but let's just keep it between us, my real is Kim Hyejin."

...

Jieun walked to me and hugged me. "You said that they kicked you out," she sobbed on my chest.

...

"I'm your best friend, I can be your sister. I will always be by your side, no matter what happens," she said and hugged me tightly. I inhaled sharply as I felt the corners of my eyes burning.

"Please stay alive." I heard her quiet shaky breath. She didn't have to get through this if only she didn't know me if only she didn't choose this route—she didn't have to get through this hell.
...

"She's dead, Hyejin."

I didn't hear what that person said. I just stared at Jieun. My tears didn't fell anymore, I couldn't cry anymore. I was just too shocked.

I then held Jieun's hand and kissed her forehead. Then I stood up to let her rest now. I turned to Jungkook, he was giving me a sad expression.

He walked to me and hugged me. I felt dizzy and blacked out.

FOUR DAYS LATER.

"Hyejin?" I woke up and looked at the speaker. It was Jungkook laying beside me on our bed.