Chapter 12: New House

Kim Hyejin's POV

Someone shook me to wake up. I opened my eyes and saw that I was in a car. What happened?

I looked at the person and saw Taehyung with a bright smile. "How's your sleep?" I gazed at him confused and looked around. I saw Jungkook was driving the car. I sat up looking around the car.

"W-what happened?" Taehyung sighed and leaned on the car seat.

"We saw you crying at 7-Eleven. Sorry for the eviction," he said in his low voice which I find both baffling and appealing.

"I wanted to get out of that dump anyway, the landlord's a prick." I rolled my eyes as I remember that landlord. Taehyung chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"Looks like you're back, it's so weird to see a tough girl like you cry.

"Even tough people cry sometimes," I said and he smiled genuinely at my wisdom. He didn't answer but I think he got the point already.

Jungkook didn't speak any word in that little conversation. He was very focused on driving, or rather he's thinking of something serious. At my old apartment—yes, I'm calling it old now because I don't live in there anymore—did he perhaps saw something?

If he did, he should've confronted me about it but seeing as he didn't, I guess he never saw anything relating to me being an assassin. His eyes looked up the rear-view mirror and we met eyes. I saw him raised his face for a little bit and smiled at me and looked away after that to look at the road again.

I bit my lower lip in agitation. I'm nervous to go back to their house again. I think Yoongi doesn't like me very much. But I don't have any place to go. I don't have enough for an apartment—probably because I don't know any other apartment other than the apartment I used to live in which also is a coincidence that Wonho suggested for me to live in.

The car shortly stops and I see their house. I got out of his car and looked up their house's structure. I never looked at it when I first came here, I was just in a hurry to leave it. But I like the house, it's nice.

I heard the trunk closing so I looked behind me and saw Taehyung with the two of my pieces of luggage. Thanking him, I quickly grabbed both my luggage but he insisted on pulling the other on. I thanked him again then Jungkook cleared his throat.

We both looked at him and he was just awkwardly standing there in front of us. He twitchy pointed at the house. "Let's go inside?" I nodded and he smiled a little bit and started walking.

Taehyung and I followed, dragging both my luggage. "Hey, you want some barbeque and beer? We are going to eat later," Taehyung suggested while pointing to the two boxes of canned beer Jungkook was holding.

"Oh, no thanks. You all can enjoy without me." I gave him a reassuring smile but he seemed dissatisfied with my answer. Jungkook was looking at us again with that same expression. He was like a statue, staring at the both of us.

Jungkook looked away and opened the door for us. The three of us went in and I saw everyone, all the members getting ready for their little getup. They looked at the three of us.

"You guys invited Hyejin? That's nice," I heard Jin's voice so I looked for his face. I saw him smiling at me, he was holding a pan of the meat they're going to use.

"Hyejin here doesn't have a place to stay anymore, she got evicted. So, I took the honour and gave her a place to stay here in our house," Jungkook said. I looked down to ignore their gaze on me.

"Well, that's nice of you, Jungkook. We will welcome Hyejin to our family then," Jin said while putting the pan down to come closer to me. I looked at him with a forced smile when he suddenly hugged me.

"We don't have enough rooms, where is she going to stay?" I hear Yoongi spoke. He was not looking at me, he was reading a book.

I know that he doesn't like me, he doesn't have to rub it in my face. I looked away from him and looked at everyone.

"Uhm, thank you for letting me stay here when I needed it," I managed to smile while saying that.

"About the room, you're going to sleep in, you can stay in my bedroom. You already slept on my bed, so I see no worries about that." Jungkook smiled and I immediately shook my head.

That's just weird. "Oh, why not?" In his eyes, I thought I saw dissatisfaction in it.

"I'm just a guest, you should sleep on your bed and I can sleep here on the couch—no one will say no." No one spoke about me sleeping on the couch so I gave out a sigh of relief and put my luggage beside the couch and my handbag on it.

"I will go freshen up, thank you for letting me stay again," I said and grabbed my phone and walked away from them. I looked at my screen and saw several notifications from Wonho.

What does he want now?

Hawk: Hey, I need your updates on Jeon Jungkook. (10:07 PM)

Hawk: Still waiting... (10:40 PM)

You missed a call from Hawk.

Hawk: Answer my calls.

Hawk: He is asking for your details.

You missed a call from Hawk.

Hawk: If you're not going to answer, I'm going there myself.

Me: I've seen your message, what the hell do you want?

Hawk: Finally, you freaking answered.

Hawk: What's happening with the Jungkook case?

Me: I still haven't killed him yet.

Hawk: Why not? The headmaster is asking about your case.

Me: Why did your father decide to stick his nose in this? This is a personal case.

Hawk: I told him about it, and he's interested in you killing Jungkook.

Me: Why the hell would you do that?

Hawk: I'm telling you Hyejin, if you don't kill Jungkook soon, I will kill him myself and I don't know what my father will do to you.

Me: Fine.

Hawk: Seeing as their mafias. They might have a weapon room. You can go kill him if you want.

Sighing to myself, I put away my phone and looked at the road while sitting on their front porch. This has become even more serious now that the headmaster knows about my mission.