Chapter 12

Rudra POV

The sun glares through the windows, hurting my eyes. It takes me a few minutes for my eyes to adjust, but when they do, I see my Preesha sleeping peacefully on my chest. I tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. I should get up, but I don't want to. I just keep my position and just think about my life. Seven to eight months ago if you told me that I would be sleeping willingly in the same bed as Preesha, I would probably die of laughter. Or if you told me that Preesha would always be on my mind and I would do anything for her, I would slap you to bring you back to your senses. And if you told me that I would fall in love with who everyone believed was my brother's murderer, I would take to you a mental asylum. I didn't think any of those things would ever happen, but they did. I didn't believe in love until she came into my life. I mean, it's not my fault. Papa and Ma don't love each other and bhabs and bhai didn't love each other either. I grew up just knowing business and money. No one I knew was with someone they loved, so I never believed in it. And I hated marriage because for me it was only a business arrangement. Then Preesha came along. I hated her. So much. She was so irritating and all I could think about is how she is a murderer who killed her ex-lover. Then I saw how she took care of Saransh, and how she stood up for me. She was a nice person and I started to have feelings for her. Then Bunty helped me realize that I was in love with her. And then it took forever for me to admit it. I got so mad when I saw that fake video, and that set me back like a month. Then I finally told her, and I've been so happy. She is my world. My Preesha and our Saransh. I smile just thinking about them. Who would have thought that Rudraksh Khurana the ladies' man would be so in love with one person? Preesha starts to move around, and I try not to be very still so that I don't wake her up.

Preesha: R-Rudra?

Rudra: Shh, go back to sleep.

She falls back asleep and I finally decide to get up and start my day. I slowly move my hands from around Preesha and hold her head, and then lay it on a pillow. 

I go and take a shower, then realize that I forgot to bring my clothes in. I'm so stupid. I go out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my waist to get my clothes. I walk out and suddenly get hugged by Preesha. 

Rudra: Preesha? What's wrong?

She hugs me tighter and I am very confused.

Preesha: Why did you leave me?

Rudra: What are you talking about?

Preesha: I woke up, and you were gone. 

I hug her back.

Rudra: I was just taking a shower. Don't worry.

Preesha: You could have told me.

My heart melts at her concern. No one ever really cared about where I went or what I did because I was an adult and was supposed to take care of myself. Preesha was worried when I left the bed and went to shower in the same room as her. 

Rudra: I'm sorry. I didn't want to wake you up. Thanks for caring. I love you.

Preesha breaks the hug and smiles and me.

Preesha: I love you too.

Rudra: Can I put some clothes on now?

Preesha suddenly realizes that I don't have any clothes on from the waist up. 

Preesha: Oops sorry. Yes go ahead, I am going to go brush my teeth.

She walks into the bathroom but I grab her hand and spin her around. Our faces are so close.

Preesha: Do you need something?

Rudra: Can I use the bathroom to change first?

She nods and I grab a pair of clothes. I walk in and change, then come out and see that Preesha isn't here. Where did she go?

A/N

Hey everyone! Short chapter today because I'm so tired and this is as far as I could get. How was this chapter? Thanks for voting and commenting on the last one! Please continue to do so! I'm sorry if I start to update less. I have midterms coming up and I'm super stressed. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions for upcoming chapters! Love all of you!