Chapter 9

Preesha POV

He cried for a few minutes, then he let go of me and wiped his tears.

Rudra: Sorry, I didn't mean to do that.

I hold his hand and pull him towards Saransh's bed. We both sit down for a second time within one hour for another emotional conversation.

Preesha: Rudra, tell me what's wrong.

He hesitates, then looks away from me.

Rudra: Nothing yaar, I don't know why I did that. I'm fine.

I turn his head to face me and cup the side of his face with my hand.

Preesha: Can you tell me that while looking in my eyes?

He pleads with his eyes for me to stop.

Preesha: Tell me Rudra, I know you're upset. Why else would you just burst into tears? If you won't tell me, I'll go and find out. I know you and Ahana were fighting about me.

When he hears that his face changes to shock.

Rudra: What? You heard?

Preesha: I did. You can talk to me. Don't hide things from me. I felt terrible hiding all of my secrets from you. Tell me, and we can figure it out together.

I give him a reassuring smile, and he opens his mouth to talk.

Rudra: It was a stupid fight. This morning when bhabs saw that it was idli and sambar for breakfast, she was upset. She said she wouldn't eat middle-class food and asked who decided to make this. I told her that I told Ma to make it for Preesha. Then she got more upset and was downgrading you. I got mad and I yelled at. I said some terrible things that I regret a lot. But, she kept fueling me, and I exploded. She kept talking about how Preesha betrayed me and would leave me, and I couldn't take it. I told her how she wasn't as good of a person as Preesha is. 

I sat there shocked. He did that for me? He always fights his own family for me. I am always the cause of his pain. A few tears go down my cheeks and Rudra immediately wipes them off.

Rudra: Don't cry. That hurts me way more than this stupid argument. I apologized and if bhabs can't accept that, that's her problem. 

I hug him.

Preesha: This is all my fault. I'm the reason you're always fighting with your own family. I'm the reason why you're so hurt and the reason why you were crying.

Rudra immediately breaks our hug and holds my face.

Rudra: Don't ever say that. You are not the reason I am hurt. You are the reason why I am happy. None of this is your fault. I love you, and I will do anything for you. If my family can't understand that you are a good person with a pure heart, that's their loss. You haven't done anything bad to me. I love you.

I smile at him through my tears. 

Preesha: I love you too.

He smiles harder when he hears those three words again.

Rudra: Let's go wash our faces so no one can tell we were crying. 

He stands and takes my hand, and we go and wash our faces. We walk out together and in the middle of the halls, he stops. I pull his hand put he doesn't move. I come closer to him and give him a look to ask him what is wrong. He smirks and then pulls me into a hug. I hug him back. For some reason, Rudra likes to randomly hug me in the middle of random times. I used to feel shy about it, but I don't care anymore. I like it too. Who cares if people are watching? Rudra breaks the hug first. 

Rudra: Love you wifey!

I smile at his kid like antics. He also likes to mention that he loves me 50,000 times per second. I think it's cute.

Preesha: Love you, hubby!

He beams at me and we walk hand in hand downstairs. When we get there, Balraj uncle comes up to us.

Balraj: Rudra, I need to talk to you about....... business.

Rudra: Okay Papa I am coming, give me two minutes.

Balraj uncle leaves and Rudra faces me. 

Rudra: Sorry wifey,  I have to go.

I look at him with a sad face.

Rudra: Don't do that. I have a surprise for you tonight. So after I get back from work don't come into my room okay?

I nod my head and hug him. He hugs me back. He lets go and kisses me on my forehead. I smile.

Rudra: Bye Preesha. Love you!

He says that while he walks to Balraj's office.

Preesha: Love you too!

I really do!

A/N

What will Rudra's surprise be? New chapter coming probably tomorrow. I feel so happy cause I have a Thanksgiving break from school. Today's question is: Did you guys see that video of Sargun and her cake and her asking where Abrar is? I watched it and I am dying! I wish he was there. Thanks to everyone who voted and commented on my last chapter! Please continue to do so! Let me know how was today's chapter? Love all you guys! Stay safe!