Chapter 15

Rudra POV (takes place at the same time Preesha was watching them)

No no no no no no no! This cannot be happening. How is she here? What is happening? It can't be. She can't be back. I'm standing there in shock while she is hugging me. I can't even push her off because my mind has stopped. Why? What? How? I finally come back to my senses and push her off.

Rudra: DON'T TOUCH ME!

Unknown Girl: W-What's wrong Rudra?

Rudra: DON'T CALL ME THAT!

Unknown Girl: W-Why? Are you okay?

She tries to touch me but I swat away her hand.

Rudra: DON'T TOUCH ME!

Kaveri can't be back.

Flashback (btw please don't come at me this is what the subtitles said on Hotstar)

On the phone,

Kaveri: I'm pregnant.

Rudra: Pregnant?

Kaveri: What are we going to do now?

Rudra: What do you mean by that?

Kaveri: Rudraksh, you're the father of this baby.

Flashback Over

Why is she back? How dare she come back! After everything she did to me. She lied to me about being pregnant with my child, tried to defame me, and tried to sue me because of this child nonsense. She tried to ruin my life and she succeeded for a period of time. Papa got so angry with me and Bhai. And everyone thought I was a good for nothing cheating scumbag. My anger gets stronger and I ball my fists. I feel tears brimming in my eyes. Why am I getting so sad? I don't care about Kaveri at all. Why am I getting so upset? 

Kaveri: Rudra, baby, w-what's wrong?

My fists hurt from how hard I'm digging my nails into my skin to try and keep my anger inside. But, hearing her call me baby put me over the line.

Rudra: FOR THE LAST TIME, DON'T CALL ME THAT! WHY ARE YOU HERE? 

She starts crying, but I don't feel bad. She hurt me first. I never loved her, but she hurt me because at the time the only thing I loved was my reputation and myself. And because of her Papa got so mad at me, which is never good. Images of Papa grabbing me by my collar and screaming in my face float in my mind.

Kaveri: W-Why are you acting like this? I'm here for you Rudra. D-Did you forget? You love me. You always loved me. And I always loved you. I've missed you. I'm sorry I left you. It-It was complicated. But, I finally found my way back to you. And now, we will always be together!

She jumps onto me and wraps her arms around me. It happens so quickly that my reflexes don't even kick in. My mind still can't wrap around the fact that she is here. I haven't seen her in forever and I was happy without her. How did she get here? A loud sob brings me back to reality. I finally push her off. I look at her face, but she's not crying. Then who did I hear crying? 

Kaveri: What's wrong baby?

Before I can yell at her again, I turn around. No no no no no no. She saw me and Kaveri. No no no. Preesha saw us. Preesha is sobbing and my stomach is churning. I run over to her, which isn't that far. 

Rudra: P-P-Preesha...... it's not what it looks like.

Her face is killing me on the inside. Tears are streaming down her face and now mine.

Preesha: T-Then w-w-what's g-going o-on? 

I cup her cheek with one of my hands and with my thumb try and wipe her tears, but I know that she won't stop crying because if I was in her place I would do the same.

Rudra: I-I don't kn-know. S-She showed up and hugged me. Bu-But I didn't hug back. Because I love you, not her. I hate her.

She quickly hugs me and buries her head into my chest. I hug her back and hold her tight. I feel so much better when I'm holding her in my arms. We are both crying now. I'm hurting so much because she's hurting. She had to see Kaveri hug me. I hurt her, and that's killing me. I hold on tighter. I suddenly feel someone pull Preesha out of my embrace. I open my eyes and see Kaveri was the one who pulled her. I see Kaveri's fingers squeezing around Preesha's wrist. Flashbacks of me doing that to Preesha float in my head. She had such a deep bruise after that. I pull Kaveri's hand off of Preesha's. Preesha buries her head back into my chest and I put my hands around her.

Rudra: HOW DARE YOU TOUCH PREESHA!

Kaveri looks at me bewildered.

Kaveri: Rudra what are you doing? Why are you hugging her?

Rudra: BECAUSE I LOVE HER! NOT YOU! I HATE YOU! AND I ALWAYS WILL!

Kaveri: Rudra, are you insane? This girl? The same girl who took my side in court? The same one who tried to defame you?

Rudra: DON'T SAY ANYTHING AGAINST HER! YOU TRIED TO DEFAME ME TOO! AND SHE ONLY TRIED TO BECAUSE YOU AND THAT SKANK YUVRAJ MANIPULATED HER!

Kaveri: I never manipulated her! I told her that it was Surya's baby! And she was on my side anyway because she HATES you!

Preesha abruptly pulls away from me. She looks into my eyes, and I can see that she's worried that I believe Kaveri.

Preesha: Rudra, she's lying! She never told me anything! She told me that you got her pregnant and that you were going to leave her. I already hated you then because of your reputation as a ladies' man. But I hated you then not now

She's getting so worked up. I cup her face with both my hands.

Rudra: Preesha, calm down. I believe you. I know why you didn't like me then. And I know that Kaveri is a big liar and a cheat.

Kaveri: Rudra what happened to you? Okay, let it go that she is lying right now. Did you forget that she murdered your brother?

Rudra: SHE DIDN'T MURDER HIM! WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE? HOW DO YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO EVEN BE HERE!

Kaveri: Rudra, I never wanted to leave you. Surya forced me.

A/N

Hey guys! Kind of a weird ending, but I wanted to post a chapter before the new year. Sorry for how long this chapter took. I've been unmotivated and I lost all ideas for this chapter, but then I came up with this. Let me know what you thought about this chapter! Thanks to everyone who reads this story and especially everyone who votes and comments! But these past few days have been so much fun! Every single day I wake up, and something new has happened with Abrar and Sargun. I WAS DEAD WHEN I SAW THE BANANA CAKE MAKING AND THE DANCE REEL! Please continue to vote and comment! Love all you guys! And watch the star plus new years event if you haven't. Trust me, it's epic! And there's more on the 31st. I'm pumped! Stay safe! Happy New Year!