Chapter 6

Rudra POV

She pulls away from me and sits facing me, ready to tell me this terrible secret.

Preesha: I have to tell you the truth about your brother's death.

My brother's death? Oh God, who killed him? I'm such a terrible person. I completely forgot to research my brother's murder because I was too busy with my family. I know that Preesha would never be able to murder, much less even put a scratch on anyone. Does she know who killed my brother? If she does, why would she take the blame? 

Rudra: What about my brother's death? Do you know who did it?

Preesha: Yes, and I have to tell you the truth before someone else tells who and wrecks our relationship.

Why is she so scared to tell me? I'm starting to get nervous.

Preesha: I couldn't tell you because your brother's death was connected to the truth about Saransh. I couldn't tell you the truth about Saransh because I can't be separated from Saransh and I thought you would kick me out.

I hold her hand and tell her that I would never send her away.

Rudra: Relax Preesha, I will never kick you out. You know I could never do that. It was hard enough not being able to talk to you, how would I survive not being in the same house as you?

A small comes onto her face, and I pull her closer to me and she opens her mouth to tell me the truth about my brother's death.

Preesha: Before I can tell you who killed your brother, I need to tell you the full story.

Preesha pauses and looks at me, her eyes full of worry.

Rudra: Preesha, don't be nervous yaar, I love you and will never stop loving you.

She smiles, but I can tell she is doubting that sentence.

Preesha: It was my wedding day, the best day of my life. I thought I would never get married because I had a kid. But, it was my luck that my childhood best friend wanted to marry me. Yuvraj Pillai.

When that dog's name came out of her mouth, my blood boiled. I tried to hide it but Preesha knew that he angered me. She came closer and hugged me, and we were now sitting at the side of the bed, my arms around her, and her head on my chest. (A/N imagine it like how they were sitting and she was crying when Saransh went missing and he was telling her to calm down)

Preesha: Please don't be mad. I just need to tell you the full back story. But now I have no feelings towards Yuvraj in any way. May I continue?

Rudra: Yes.

Preesha: Our wedding was way grander than I had planned it to be. I had no idea where he was suddenly getting all this money from. He started treating me with expensive gifts and he was paying for all these expensive wedding arrangements. I still have no idea where he got the money, but I trusted him, and he said that he was doing this all for my happiness. On our wedding day, I was waiting for him at the mandap but he never showed up. I was so confused. I had seen him in the morning, but he just disappeared. The aunties kept saying how no one wanted to marry because I am characterless, and I yelled at them. I went and checked security footage, and it showed Yuvraj saying he was going to the Golden Teykeri(A/N I don't remember completely what the name was so sorry this was my best guess)

When she said he went to the Golden Teykeri, the room started shifting. I couldn't think straight. Bhai died at the Golden Teykeri. Someone was blackmailing him. I had confronted her because she had money with our mark on it and she had bhabs necklace. Everything started coming together. The scoundrel killed my brother. I will never spare him.

𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙮𝙖𝙙On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara