Chapter 10

Rudra POV

I didn't want to leave Preesha, but I also didn't want Papa to get angry at us. I went to his office and waited for him to give me a job to do.

Balraj: What time are you going to go record songs today? The studio is booked for you for the rest of the day. 

Rudra: I don't know. I was thinking sometime later.

Balraj: You don't know? What are you planning to do instead? Be professional Rudra! Give me a real answer!

Rudra: I will go after you are finished talking to me.

Balraj: And what if I didn't call you? What if you spent the rest of the day canoodling with that Preesha? Then how would your "master plan" for your new album work? I knew I shouldn't have agreed to this. This is a terrible idea. You can't do anything.

Rudra: Chill Papa. I am sorry. I was planning on going sometime soon. I will work hard on this. Just trust me.

Balraj: You will face the consequences if this doesn't do as well as you say it will.

Rudra: It will Papa. Is that all you had to tell me?

Balraj: Yes. Now go do something productive useless boy.

My dad has been like this my entire life. I used to just listen to what he said because I was scared of him. That was before Preesha came into my life. And before I almost punched my dad in the face. I still feel really bad about that, but I was too caught up in that moment to apologize. I don't let it bother me anymore, but sometimes it still hurts. Right now I could care less. I get into my car and drive to the studio. I record some rough pieces for some songs and decide to call it a day because I really just wanted to go home to Preesha(A/N give me some songs in the comments section to include in Rudra's album). I have been here for about 8 hours and I think what I have done is as far as I am going to get today, and hopefully Papa thinks I was productive enough. I drive home, but I stop at a few locations to pick up a few things for my surprise for Preesha. I park my car and see that it is 7 pm. Is Saransh asleep yet? I hope he isn't mad at me for not being here all day. I miss him. I haven't seen him since I checked in on him when his class was starting. That feels like forever ago, even though it was only about 9 hours ago. That was before I found out that Saransh's entire life was a lie. I go to the living room, but I hear yelling, so I hide behing a big piller to listen.

Ahana: YOU THINK RUDRA WILL LOVE YOU? ONCE I FIND ALL THE PROOF THAT YOU ARE HERE TO DESTROY OUR FAMILY, HE WON'T EVEN WANT TO HEAR YOUR NAME! YOU THINK YOU CAN TAKE HIM AWAY FROM OUR FAMILY? HE NEEDS TO BE REMINDED WHO YOU REALLY ARE! YOU ARE A MURDERER! AND YOU MURDERED HIS BELOVED BROTHER! YOU HAD A CHILD OUT OF WEDLOCK! YOU ARE A DISGUSTING-

I had enough. I was sick of this. I can hear Preesha's cry and I am dying on the inside. I stop her from saying anymore terrible things about her. I come out from behind the piller, fists balled and eyes full of anger.

Rudra: STOP!

Everyone looks at me shocked. By everyone, I mean Ahana, Mishka, Ma, and my Preesha. I go and stand next to Preesha. 

Ahana: Rudra, you? What are you doing here? Papa ji said you were at the studi-

Rudra: I left, and good thing I did. 

I see bhabs is nervous becasue I caught her in the act.

Ahana: W-Why is that?

Rudra: You really think I'm dumb, don't you? You think I didn't hear you say all those terrible things about Preesha?

I feel the anger boiling inside of me. Preesha seems scared and tries to calm me down. She holds my hand and rubs my arm, but it won't work. Bhabs pushed me past the limit.