Chapter 11

Shout Out to SnowflakeBlossom1221 for helping me with this chapter!

Preesha POV

I'm super bummed. I haven't seen Rudra all day, and he comes back just to leave me again. At least he kissed me! But I haven't been able to see him all day. I miss when he would randomly hug me or flirt with me. He says he has a surprise for me. What could it be? Before I could think about it more, a thought popped into my head. Ma! How could I forget? Rudra and I left Ma downstairs when we came up. Is she okay? I know she hates it when people argue. I make sure that Ahana and Mishka are not downstairs. I see Ma alone. I go down the stairs and walk up to her. She looks at me, her face full of worry.

Sharda: Preesha? Where is Rudra? Is he okay? Are you okay?

I rub her arms and try to calm her down.

Preesha: We are both fine. Rudra had to go do something. Are you okay?

She smiles at me, the tension decreasing.

Sharda: Yes I am fine. I was scared that Rudra might go overboard, but you were able to calm him down.

I smile at Ma and hug her. She breaks the hug and puts her hand on my shoulder.

Sharda: Should I bring out dinner for you and Rudra?

Preesha: No, Rudra might need some time so we will eat later.

Sharda: I will be in my room. Call me if you need me.

Ma walks away, leaving me alone in the living room. Bored, I go back upstairs. Since Rudra told me not to go to his room, I go to Saransh's room. He is sleeping so I walk in very quietly. I sit at his desk and look over my calendar. I have 4 more days until I get to go back to work. I feel very excited! It has been so long since I got to treat patients. I checked the closet and made sure that my coat was clean and that I had an outfit to wear for work. After that, I go back and sit on the bed, looking at my phone. I look through my camera roll so that I can delete some unnecessary pictures. I stumble across a few pictures on my phone from me and Rudra's date. The date we went on a month ago. One of the worst days of my life. I quickly try to find a happy memory because I do not want to relive that terrible time. I find a whole lot of pictures from Rudra's award function. Wait, I completely forgot. THE AWARD FUNCTION! Rudra never got the award because of that stupid video. He was so excited to get it too. I decide to call Neerja and Rahul because I know they will make sure that it goes to him. After all, he deserves it. I check the time in Switzerland and seeing that it is about three pm there, I ring up Neerja.

Neerja: Hello?

Preesha: Hi Neerja! How are you?

Neerja: Preesha? We are great! How are you and your family?

Preesha: We are good too! How is the baby?

Neerja: She is growing up so fast.

I remember when Saransh was growing up. It all feels like it went by so fast. I remind myself not to get distracted and ask her about the award.

Preesha: Aww, I wish I could be there. I had a question for you.

Neerja: What is it Preesha? Is everything okay?

Preesha: Will Rahul give the award back to Rudra?

I hold my breath, now feeling like this would ruin our friendship. What if she got mad at me for asking this? She has already done a lot for me.

Neerja: Oh my god Preesha, I am so sorry. I completely forgot about that award function video because I was so focused on the other video. I will speak to Rahul right away and get the jury to give Rudra the award. I will call you back later.