Chapter 23

I didn't skip school today because I didn't want to get grounded again, and that would mean no coke.

I'm at my locker, as I grab the math textbook, I look to my side and I see the blonde girl from last time. The one that asked me why I left that job.

Maybe I should talk to her?

I try to get her attention by saying hey but she doesn't respond so I slightly touch her shoulder, I have no idea what's her name.

She immediately winces and turns to me.

"Oh, sorry," I murmur.

"It's okay." She shrugs.

"I just wanted to talk to you for a bit, about that job," I say and her eyes widen in surprise.

"Okay... what do you want to know?" she asks. Wasn't she the one who came up to me?!

"Why did you ask me why I left?"

"I- I had problems at work. I just wanted to know if it was a recurring thing because I heard it wasn't the first time it happened," she explains and now I'm the one surprised. What kind of problems?

"Can you be more precise?"

"There was this man... who kept coming in and 'unintentionally' harassing girls there, we confronted him but Kaylee never really did anything about it. He would stare at every female and he would be overall so creepy."

My eyes unfocus and my hands are sweating, I can't, I can't have another panic attack at school.

I was never the only one... this has been going on forever and that bitch never did anything? While people complained about him harassing young girls?!

"Are you okay? You look so pale," she asks me, she seems genuinely worried.

I try to snap out of it because if I think about it, I will break down right here.

"D-did he does- anything to you?" I stutter so much she struggles to understand me.

"No? I mean, he stared and asked for my number, that's all."

I was the unlucky one, an easy target.

"Ok. Thank you for t-telling me," I mutter and immediately run away.

I go to the bathroom, my usual isolation place in this fucking school.

I'm so tired of crying, I hate it. This is why I need coke.

I look at the mirror and barely recognize myself, I don't take many looks at myself but when I do, it's horrifying.

My hair is longer now but it's so brittle and thin, my bones are protruding through my clothes and I look disgusting.

I started eating more but with all the sleepless nights, crying, running around and coke, it makes it impossible to gain any weight.

My skin looks so itchy and irritated, it once used to be so smooth and glowy. My eyes are dry and my vision gets blurry sometimes. My lips are cracked from all the joints.