Chapter 43

After we finished opening the presents, everyone left but Shanice, and I stayed with Derek to talk for longer.

They were kind of shocked I decided to stay more but I didn't care, I texted my mom to inform her, but she is sleeping as It's roughly 4 am.

"'I'll never do anything with a 16 years old girl'" I quote and mock Derek and he rolls his eyes. Is there even any difference now that I am seventeen?

"I'm driving you home," he jokes and I laugh.

After a few moments of searching through his fridge, I find nothing good enough.

"How's Shanice?" I ask, curious if he even knows she is into women, but I won't ask him that.

"Shanice? You two are kind of close now, she used to hate you."

I laugh and he continues, "she is sleeping, I don't know if alone," he jokes and I smile.

"Why did she even hate me?" I ask him and he shrugs.

"She hates everyone she doesn't know, especially girls," he explains and I find it quite ironic since she likes girls but she seems to be extra hard on them. Maybe it's how she deals with her feelings?

"There isn't any food here," I say exhausted and he stands up, while I stare at his ass.

Gosh, how can someone look so good?

He looks in the cabinets and notices what I'm staring at so he just smirks.

He grabs a few bags of chips and some protein bars and I snatch them all from him, taking a step back.

"Hey! I'm hungry too." He raises his tone playfully and I run away from him, careful to not accidentally lose the snacks.

I run to the long hallway and he chases after me, he is faster than me but I'm more ambitious.

I sprint to his bedroom and before I even get to lock it behind me, he is already setting his foot inside.

"I'm not giving you the food!" I say while pushing him outside, trying to close the door.

He tries harder and he finally succeeds while I run to the window.

He stops at the door and I pull the snacks closer to my chest.

"You have nowhere to go," he says while grinning and I laugh.

"I'll jump out of the window." He chuckles, slowly coming closer to me.

"You will probably break a nail," he says and I remember his room is on the first floor.

"Don't!" I warn him as I step backward, closer to the closed window.

He runs to me and before I try to move he is already a few inches away, tickling me.

I start laughing uncontrollably. "S- stop!" I barely manage to speak before I drop all the snacks onto the floor and he keeps ticking me, my neck and waist sides are the most ticklish.

I try to run away but he grabs me again, ticking me even more and I beg him to slow down through laughs but he throws me into the bed, hovering over me and that's when I decide to try to tickle him back.

With no result. He isn't ticklish at all, he just stops to stare at me.

"Really? You thought it was going to work?" he asks with a serious look on his face but his tone seems playful.

He lays down next to me, I'm infinitely glad he stopped tickling me and he laughs.

"Who knew we would be like this when we first met..." he says and I look at him, just a few inches away from my face.