Chapter 60

Derek didn't pick up so I changed my mind, I will just sort it out with Nicole.

I try to dial her but I doubt she is going to answer after our last fight.

But she picks up the phone.

"Oh, you have no idea how glad I am to hear your voice!" she exclaims and I smile.

"How are you?" Nicole asks.

"I'm good, but we really need to talk," I say and I can hear her mumble something to someone.

"Oh, okay. I'm at Louis' house," she says and I am a bit surprised but I agree nonetheless.

I walk to Louis' house since it isn't far at all. I get flooded with happy memories back when I went to his house and when I used to like him. Those times feel so distant now.

How much our friendship changed, our lives. It will never be the same.

I ring the doorbell and even this simple action takes me back to when I gave his sister, Gabriela, a box of donuts with a cute little note. Everything was so back then.

To my surprise, she answers the door and immediately wraps her fragile arms around me.

"I'm mad at you!" She points to me after breaking the hug and I smile. This makes me more emotional than I thought. I missed her.

"You forgot about me." She pouts and I pull her in for a hug, kissing her on the cheek.

"I will come more often," I say despite not being sure if I mean it. I'd love to but I'm not sure I'm welcome in this house like I was before.

I go upstairs and I knock before entering because now there is the risk to see stuff we didn't even think about almost a year ago.

Can't believe it's been ten months since that morning.

Nicole invites me to enter and they chuckle. I am surprised by their good mood.

There is no Nicole, Louis, and Veronica anymore.

I think there is no going back from this.

They are both laying on the bed, holding hands and her head is pressed against Louis' chest.

I'm happy that she is over James.

I sit on the corner of the bed like a stranger because that's what I am and I can't lie but it slightly hurts.

They continue giggling and when they notice I have a serious look on my face, they sit up.

"What's wrong?"

"James threatened me," I say completely omitting Olivia because she is useless.

"What?" Louis seems irritated.

"He blamed me for y- your relationship and he knows some stuff about Derek and he threatened to go to the police if you don't go back to him," I say looking at Nicole.

"Oh. No, we aren't in a relationship. We are just seeing how things go," she says and I nod, waiting for her to address the real problem.

"Of course... What did Derek do?" Louis asks in his usual judgmental tone and I roll my eyes. Some people never change.

"That's not your business," I simply state and they both look at me weird.