Chapter 14

Louis' POV

Since yesterday night I can't look at Veronica the same, I couldn't sleep all night and it broke my heart to see her with James.

She wanted to be with James and it triggered me because he is a bad person.

Or also, because I wanted her all to myself.

I don't recognize her anymore and it aches me, she is not the girl I used to be friends with. She is not the girl I used to love.

I'll probably always be fond of her, even when she hurts me but I'm not going to wait around for her like a puppy. She doesn't want to be with me.

I understood everything when she kept being silent, she didn't even bother to explain. She just doesn't care about me.

I don't even know if I want to go to school and see her, it's too much to handle. Also, Nicole constantly brings her up, especially that kiss, I keep telling her Veronica is either lying or not remembering it. But Nicole thinks I was way too drunk.

I genuinely don't think she is honest, she knows too well about that kiss. I could tell by her body language.

Then why is she running away from me? I'm tired.

I'm going to invite Nicole over. We used to have a lot of sleepovers with Ronny, now she doesn't even look at us.

~

Nicole enters my room and her figure seems so small, she has always had a nice physique, but she seems thinner now. Maybe she is working out.

This brings me back to the last time Veronica came here, I accidentally touched her thigh. It was so awkward but I just loved her presence.

I could kinda tell she was flustered, I still can't wrap my head around her reactions and actions. I'm not even going to tell Nicole, I don't want to make her suffer any further.

"What are you thinking about?" Nicole asks me. She notices how absent-minded I am.

"I'm... thinking about Veronica." I am honest. I have always been.

"Just stop, Louis. She doesn't even think of you that way," she blurts out. I tell her this about James and she doesn't understand it, now she says it to me?

"Oh, then let's talk about your boyfriend James," I mock her, annoyed by her previous remark.

"Fuck you, Louis," she hisses at me.

This girl.

"He fooled you, and you still text him every day while he leaves you on seen."

"He loves me. He is just- he drinks a lot. He doesn't know what he does. But he loves me." Not even a single word she says makes sense, it's like her brain can't put two coherent sentences together when it comes to him.

"Nicole, you are talking absolute nonsense and you know it deep down," I tell her and she looks down and seems sad. Did I go too far?

"I'm sorry, I care about you. I don't want you to hurt," I say and go in for a hug as she lays her head on my shoulder, crying.

The hug feels almost... too intimate. Too long. It's a new feeling.

"Thank you," she whispers. We lock eyes with each other and I look away. Why am I making it weird?

"Maybe we should give it a second thought- about Veronica. Tell me again what happened," she says and my eyes widen. Finally, maybe she will believe me. It's hard to keep everything in.

"You know that party... you were with James. I was so silent because I kept thinking about telling Veronica how I feel about her." I almost whisper the last phrase, it hurts so much. Nicole listens to me carefully.

"I got so pissed off drunk. She came to me and I couldn't stop myself any longer. I kissed her. She was barely tipsy and we made out. She wanted to," I say, emphasizing the last phrase. Nicole seems to believe me, a bit. I mean, why would I lie?

"Oh... so- do you love her?" she asks with curiosity... and disappointment in her eyes?

I don't even know what to reply to that. Do I love her? Would I do the stuff I did without loving her?

"After what she did, I'd rather ignore any feelings I might have," I admit bluntly.

"Mhm. Yeah. I doubt she will even talk to us ever again." She doesn't know about James, otherwise, she would hate her. And I don't want that.

"I'm going to give up on James. I will. I promise I will block him," she says desperately and seems convinced that it is the last time she forgives him.

Why are girls so obsessed with him?!

"Let's grab something to eat. I'm hungry," I suggest.

"No... I ate before." She shifts uncomfortably.

"You said your parents haven't bought groceries yet," I remind her.

"I- they did, we ate." Her statement feels weird... it's almost as if she is lying. But why?

I decide to let it go.

"Come with me. I'll have a sandwich." Her eyes get big and it weirds me out. What's happening?

I know she said she ate, but I still make two sandwiches and give one of them to her.

"Why? No!"

"Eat. It's been too long since your last meal, anyway," I mumble. I don't want to force her, but I just don't believe her, for whatever reason.

She accepts and it makes me feel better.

I finish way before her, and she takes so long to eat it.

Okay, maybe she was just not hungry.

We watch the TV for a bit and she suddenly stands up.

"I'm just gonna go to the bathroom, quick."

I keep thinking about Veronica... is she with James now? I'm so jealous of that idiot.

———

It's shorter than the other chapters cuz I didn't want to bore you guys!

Thanks for reading and please don't forget to vote and comment!