Chapter 44 - [Little Sister]

Start from the beginning

     “I know... Master Red said I can only go once my burns are healed. So I'll be here for a day or so.”

     “It may take longer then that.”

     “Then I’ll stay that long. But I’ll leave once I’m healed.”

     Avaryn frowned, but sighed. “Fine.”

     Meenu smiled before stepping into the new kings arms and kissing him.

     Light and Heart had just finished scanning the castle grounds for potential danger when their king joined them.

     Avaryn appeared in front of them without any notice and the two young men dropped to their knees.

     Avaryn let out a laugh. “You two don't have to bow for me.”

     “But you’re the king.” Light said as he stood up, “and we are the subjects that are here to serve you.”

     Heart just chuckled.

     “Then you will have no problem doing a big favor for me?”

     Light and Heart nodded without a hesitation, which made Avaryn smile a relieved smile. 

     Of course, he didn’t doubt that they would help him. Light was the closest friend that Avaryn had within the Hidden and Avaryn knew well that Light would do almost anything to help his friends. Heart was young, and he and Avaryn weren’t as close but Heart was dependable and kind hearted.

     “Meenu,” he started, “she insists on going to find Seliaryn–”

     “I’m not surprised.” Light said.

     Avaryn frowned now. “Master Red has made her one of us.”

     “Really?” Heart gasped, “he did? So soon? Not that I ever doubted her capabilities. She’s amazing.”

     Avaryn nodded. “She is… but I am not as confident in her preparedness as Master Red seems to be.”

     “Master Red has always been right though,” Light said, trying to comfort Avaryn, “I don’t think you need to worry much.”

     “But this trip she wants to take… it could dangerous.” Avaryn said.

     Heart and Light nodded thoughtfully.

     “And... I... I will fight with her,” Avaryn said, “I will do everything I can to try and convince her to not go after Seliaryn but I am confident that it will not work. She’s stubborn.”

     “You're worried that Seliaryn is a danger to her?” Light asked.

     “Possibly. In his current state of mind... Probably.”

     “And what must we do?”

     “I’m asking that you follow her,” Avaryn said, “follow her and keep her safe because there is no way for me to just up and leave the capital at a time like this.”

     Light smiled and Heart nodded. “We’d be honored to give the future queen some company.” Light said.

     Avaryn chuckled and Heart grinned behind his mask. “Meenu is spectacular.” He said. Both Meenu and him hadn’t spent that much time together… but Heart was very good at making friends and in a matter of minutes, he and Meenu were bonding. “We’re gonna have so much fun with her!”

     Avaryn smiled, glad that they had accepted his request. “Thank you.”

     Master Red was standing at an open window, listening to the young men as they spoke.