CHAPTER 14

-- LEA --

This surprise felt different -- it was like I ate chocolate expected to eat and devour it pure chocolatey, but surprised that there's some mint inside of it that some would love and for some is a trap for bomb-of emotions that they can't keep at bay. After the warm hug, we both walked together inside the house. He started cooking dinner for me, and I stand here watching in silence, thinking - what in the hell is wrong? I was so excited to see him and be with him. I didn't expect it to be like this. He's doing his thing in the kitchen but seems taken by someone I haven't known and seen and makes his heart numb or in doubt, which I want to know but am afraid I should not. I want to dig into his brain and his heart to have a glimpse of his thoughts and feelings. I know Aga well enough to know that he will share what's bothering him, but I'm not sure how long he'll keep it to himself, which bothers me too, but I'll be here and respect what he wants and think is good for now.

I put my arms around him, hugging him back. He was quiet for a few seconds, then I heard him drew a sharp breath - maintaining his calm, he shifted to face me and pull me closer. Tilting his head, we looked at each other for who knows how long, those eyes I can stare at all day and be drawn to it. Oh boy, this scent, his natural, unique scent that I missed so much. I lay my head back on his chest, and when I look up, he leans just a little closer, and I finally see the smile -- a sinful smile that shouldn't be legal -- on his face for the first time since I arrive.

"I thought you were not happy to see me, but seeing you smile now... It's just... Ugh! I can't explain. I just missed you so much." He squeezes my arm "I missed you too so much... damn much!" I feel him relax and a smile takes over my face hearing those. His silence the moment I arrive scares the living shit out of me. Now, where idiots smiling so wide at each other, taking every second of it. Butterflies always came and are here to stay when he flashes a deep-dimpled smile. I reach out to give his face a playful squeeze "Know what? These dimples always make me weak." He kisses my forehead and how I wish he kissed my lips so I can devour his. Lei, calm damn. Will you please hold shit together? "And everything about you makes me weak, Babes." Oh please, Ags! For Pete's sake can we just kiss? But before I can react or make a stupid head start he grabs my hand and leads me to the dining area, pulling a chair for me to sit. "Stay here. I'll serve our dinner, as promised."

He set two placements, and elegant plates but the napkins are printed with colorful flowers. He set our food, glasses of water, and a bottle of wine. All elegant but the table napkins...

"What's with that big smile, babes? You're that hungry, huh?" I can't help but let out the giggles.

 "What?"

"The...The....napkins?" He covers his face "I know, I'm sorry. You're supposed to be home tomorrow. I already prepared all of those at the restaurant but I didn't bring it with me today, not until tomorrow." He made a plan, huh? Well, it's Aga that shouldn't be caught me by surprise.

"Sinira ko pala lahat ng plan mo, babes?" I ask challenging him.

"Yeah, bummer." He deadpanned. I stood up tugging him with me to stand. 

"I'm sorry, babes." I wrapped my arms behind his neck and tiptoed to give him a soft peck on his lips. We pulled apart looking into each other's eyes, seeing each other's souls... He grins, dimples appearing in full form and that's enough for me. He kissed me again. And again. And again. He dipped his face to the crook of my neck, his breathing touched my skin, then his soft lips send tingles all over me, and my knees went weak. When I thought he will make a further move, he pulled back. 

"We should stop, babes. Lalamig yung pagkain."

I threw my head back laughing so loud.  "Yeah, the food. I'm starving."

 He arched his brow "For food or me?" I playfully hit his chest. 

"For food, of course. Ano ba?" He brought his hand to her chest acting so hurt. 

"Grabe ka sa akin, babes." 

I took his face with my hands and planted a quick peck on his lips. 

"Grabe ako sayo kasi grabe kitang na-miss."

12-7-2020