CHAPTER 2

I woke up early the next day... So? Did I just spend my TGIF sleeping? Oh-okay! Yeah yeah!

"Good morning the Philippines! Good morning self! Rise and shine."

So this is for real! I am home. I stood up to take a bath and do my morning routine. I went out of my room. I'm kinda hungry... I'll cook coz I want some fried rice, daing, bacon, egg, and of course coffee to complete my morning vibe.

I wonder what time Sarah went home last night and if she's still sleeping now in her room. As far as I can remember she left a comment on my IG post a few hours before I went off the plane requesting if she can sleep in my room, or maybe she changed her mind. I shrugged it off and continue preparing for our breakfast.

"Ate! Ate! Ate!" I heard Sarah's voice and I turned to see her, she excitedly run down the stairs from the second floor of our house.

"I missed you so much" and give me a tight bear hug.

"You missed me? But you didn't sleep in my room. Sabi mo tatabi ka sa akin matulog kasi na miss mo ako. e bakit pagka-gising ko wala ka naman don sa tabi ko?" I said and show my tampo face.

She chuckled "I went directly to your room the moment I got home last night. I checked on you kaya! But you are sleeping soundly so I decided not to wake you up na, because I know how jet lag affects you. You didn't ate you dinner na nga daw sabi ni Manang."

"Yes, I was so tired lang talaga siguro kaya ang himbing masyado ng tulog ko and I woke up so early. So I decided to prepare breakfast for us, and call Manang so we can eat. I'll get the plates na." I said before I left to get it.

"Okay ate. Lucky for you, manang let you invade the kitchen to prepare for our breakfast" and then she walked away to call manang.

"Well, she know I can manage. Ikaw lang naman dyan ang hindi marunong magluto eh."

"Salamat sa paghanda ng almusal para sa amin Lea, at wala pa ring kupas ang lasa ng kape mo. Kaya pwede ka na talang mag pakasal e." Manang said before she take another sip of the coffee that I prepared for us.

"Manang talaga, mambo-bola nalang ipapasok pa ang usapang kasal." Is it required to get married? Not naman diba? So I won't.

"Manang, paano naman mag papakasal si ate? E boyfriend nga wala. Well, ate you should really start dating again. I'll ask Matt nga if may kilala syang pwedeng i-set-up for you."

I almost choked upon hearing those "Sars, pwede ba stop that. I don't want to be set up on a date, and I don't have any plans on having a date" Pagtataray na sagot ko.

"Okay ate, if you say so. But really sayang ang genes. Hahaha"

It's already 2pm and I am just laying here in my bed while binge-watching "friends", well this one is my favorite. It's just me and Manang downstairs left here in the house, Sarah is out on a date with his boyfriend Matt. It's the weekend therefore both of them have no work and meetings to attend to, so they grab the chance to be together. Yes, I am not fond of having a relationship but my friends and my sister's love life is an exemption to that. I admire them for respecting and constantly loving each other given the demanding work they have and still being faithful to their partner. They will always find time to have their dates and travels if their schedule permits them to do so. Falling in love is easy but staying in love is another story.... Staying in love is a choice for both of you in a relationship and it's also a team effort in making it last. Staying in love will require constant assurance from both sides, staying in love is one great feeling that you all should be grateful for. Will I ever see myself being in love again? Will I ever take a risk again? Well for now it's still a no and I don't see myself jumping off that cliff again. For me, it's not being in love that will make me happy. It is the person that I am in love with, and I know no one that can break the walls I built. My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing at the bedside table.