CHAPTER 1 - BACK HOME

Lea Irene's POV

The thought of being home excites me, seeing my family, and my friends, and going back to work.

Gosh! How I miss sitting in my swivel chair facing those piles of paperwork... Numbers, numbers, numbers!!!! And Oh! Doing an audit. "Wee hours, wee hours!" I sigh. Six months away feels like a year. I might need someone to remind me why I took a work break. Uhuh! It's finding peace and some breath of fresh air. Thanks to my mom and my friends who pushed me to have my alone time, even though I know their motives. As my mom and my friends always say to me. I should take a break to realize that I am getting old, and according to them, I should decide to enter into a romantic relationship again. Do they always say that? Well, YES! As simple as that? Nuh!

Being in love feels so good, but being broken is hell. It will weaken every system in your body. Yes, you're breathing, you're alive, but your body and soul are lifeless. I will never dare to be in that situation again. Take a risk? The higher the risk, the higher the return. Crap! Yes, in the business world, it applies, but in a romantic love relationship? Hell NO. I won't risk it again, knowing my heart will crash into pieces.

"NO RISK IS WORTH TAKING"

The moment I went out of the airport my attention was caught by my friends screaming for my name.

"Lea Irine.....!!!!!!" they scream in unison.

"Kailangan talaga sumigaw? Is that your way of welcoming me? I feel so embarrassed." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Hoy kakagaling mo lang sa bakasyon, attitude agad?" Vice said and laughed after."Are you on your period Lei?" Dawn asked.

"Hay why did I befriend you again? Such a very warm welcome from you guys. Seriously? Hay" I sighed. "Tara na! I'm starving na, and please I want Filipino food"

"Oh!!! Twin if she's not on her period. Baka buntis yan, may cravings oh!" Vice told Dawn and both of them laughed.

"Oh goodness! You're getting on my nerves. Pregnant? Really? Oh gosh! For Pete's sake can we just go, and have our lunch?"

"Okay! okay Lei. Sorry, we're just teasing you. Why so serious? Nag breath ka ba talaga ng fresh air sa London? Bakit ang init ng ulo?" Dawn said and put both of her hands up in the air as a sign of surrender which earned a chuckle from Vice.

"Jetlag, jetlag! So, please? Enough na with your pang-aasar." I pleaded.

"Okay fine, enough na daw twin. Tara na Chard is waiting na sa sasakyan" Dawn said as we started walking.

Finally! I'm aware they're just teasing me, but not now that my jet lag is still in my system. Maybe tomorrow, sige sasakyan ko mga trip nila.

After we ate late lunch and were done with our chitchats in a Filipino restaurant, they dropped me home. The only person who welcomed me was Manang Liza. Mom is on vacation abroad, and my sister is still on the company premises. Of course, it's still working hours. I decided not to bid my visit there because I'll be back naman sa work after this weekend, and also because of this freaking jetlag.

I took a bath to freshen up and immediately jumped off to bed to kill this jetlag in my system.