Crying With A Side Of Japchae

Narrator POV

The girls sat at a hidden booth in a family restaurant close to the cathedral. They dragged one another inside after the fiasco at church.

"How could you be so stupid?" Jisoo asked Jennie, who was rolling a lone chopstick on the table.

Jennie lifted her head, "look. I feel awful, okay? But we were all thinking it!"

Chaeyoung slapped the table with anger.

"I wasn't!" She fumed. "I went on a date with her and she was perfect. I'm falling in love with her!"

"God, Jennie! She isn't even ugly or anything." Lisa spoke frustrated, she fixed her glasses. "I'd be damn fucking glad to be her girlfriend."

"Like you're any better, Lisa." Jisoo scoffed. "Don't think we don't know you spent the best part of the year bumping uglies with Nancy in the janitor's closet."

Lisa glared at her but was interrupted by the innocent waiter bringing the food they ordered.

"How am I supposed to enjoy japchae if I'm not with my Y/N?" Chaeyoung sniffled but filled her mouth with the dish anyway, chewing sadly. "It's delicious." She sobbed.

"Stop being so dramatic!" Jennie exclaimed as she hoarded the side of kimchi. "I was the one who fucked up with her."

"But I didn't defend her!" Chaeyoung was already crying uncontrollably, still shoving noodles in her mouth. "My poor baby."

Everyone rolled their eyes at Rosé.

"Oh my god," Lisa shouted. "I'm gonna die without a soulmate because of Jennie."

Jennie stopped eating her kimchi and stared at Lisa.

"You can always go give Nancy a sniff, slut." Jennie retorted angrily.

"Like you're one to talk, Miss I Leave Bars With Unmated Girls." Chaeyoung recalled.

"Like you're the one to talk, Miss I fuck cheerleaders from behind in the showers." Lisa spoke angrily and turned to glare at Jisoo. "And you, President I got caught getting head in an empty classroom!"

Rosé and Jisoo gasped, dropping their chopsticks. Chaeyoung already reaching for Lisa's hair in an attempt to start a fight.

"We get it, Lisa!" Jennie interrupted furiously. "We're all shit."

—————

Jennie POV

As Monday rolled in, I was feeling like shit. It was like my heart was torn and trying to escape through my throat.

I parked my car and saw Y/N arriving with that Irene girl, she looked sad but was still chatting normally. Her hair was down today and she wore glasses, her uniform always looking impeccable and clean. She also was holding her necklace and twisting the pendant in her fingers, like she was nervous.

School was the same, I studied just hard enough to keep my grades better than Kim Jisoo's. I only saw Y/N in one class and noticed how she squinted at her textbook even if she was in glasses, she was slow to understand the subject when it was just written on the board by the teacher, only sighing in understanding as the teacher explained loudly to the class. This was a bit weird, but I couldn't just walk up to her and ask.

My heart broke even more as I saw her leaving school hand-in-hand with Jisoo, she held a carton of chocolate milk, probably Jisoo's way to make her listen to her apology.

Tuesday I felt like I was being under the cruciatus curse as I walked in the halls and saw Lisa besides Y/N's locker, her nose was nuzzling the midget's in an eskimo kiss and Y/N was smiling as if she was the happiest girl in the world. Another bitch forgiven apparently.