Chapter 48: Realization

"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty."

- Maya Angelou

Y/n's POV

After the conversation with Lisa we decided to go downstairs to join the others and watch a great movie after a very long time. I was feeling a rush of messed emotions while walking down the stairs, I felt empowered, a sudden light of confidence I couldn't find the past days had made it's way to me.

The sound of their chatters had filled the hall and when we reached the last stair Jisoo noticed us and immediately started walking towards us. A warmth crawled on my skin at the view of Taehyung's and my friends together.

My eyes started searching for the dominant brown eyes and messy black hair and when I couldn't find him I ignored the clenching of my heart and nodded to myself.

It's okay, I have to learn to deal with it.

"He is playing pool" Jisoo whispered to me as if she could read my thoughts. Amused by my shocked expressions she giggled.

"He still might be a bit angry because of the Ara incident but I'm sure you can deal with it" She grinned and my heart skipped a beat while shyly biting on my lips before I could feel Lisa's hand resting on my shoulder.

"What are you waiting for babygirl? Don't be so lost and get that Taeshit, he sure knows how to dig the ball into the hole" Lisa whispered and my eyes widened, Jisoo's loud gasp was the proof that Lisa really said that out loud.

I couldn't help but laugh and feel the heat rising in my cheeks, I started shaking my head at her words before she pushed me towards the empty hallway leading to the panorama windows where the pool table was.

My heart started racing in an uncontrollable pace while glancing at the end of the hallway.
"Don't you dare to come back any time soon, we won't accept you!!" She shouted before joining the others who were chatting loudly and laughing about the Jokes Jin was dropping.

I smiled while pushing the hair strands out of my face which were escaping from the loosened bun on my head. I shuddered at the thought of Taehyung, as if I haven't seen him for weeks my heart was longing for him and his gazes.

With an accelerated heart I turned around and gulped, I wasn't sure if by joining him I was doing the right thing yet I wanted to give it a try. To be honest I was curious to see how he reacts around me when he is angry, this time I wanted to see his true colors and not the way I've been painting him in my mind.

Flashes of the day Taehyung where he taught me how to fight with a sword started playing in front of my eyes, I hugged my body because I started shivering from the void of his warmth, a blissful smile on my lips before shaking my head to face the reality.