Chapter 12: You

It was the night before the Princess's wedding ceremony.

After everyone went to sleep my mind was absent, I wasn't able to fall asleep. My thoughts were glued to the little door which turned to be nothing but a storm in my life and I didn't know if I could be able to withstand it.

Taking the oil lantern in my hand, I stepped out of my room and entered a small hallway which led to the hall of Paintings where I first met The King.

I tiptoed and entered the hall of Paintings. The guards were obviously awake but far enough to not see me. The painting which was also hanging in my grandfather's art room caught my attention once again. I walked over to it and when I was close enough I tried to look at it with the help of my lamp.

I couldn't see much in the darkness but I could clearly recognize the more vibrant brush strokes along the Painting. I furrowed my eyebrows while staring at the canvas in confusion.

How could the same Painting also hang in the my grandfather's art room? Could it be the same one?
But why should my grandfather own a canvas of over 200 years ago? It's clear as the daylight that this Painting belongs to the King Kingdom.

I sighed and clutched the side of my head. I couldn't connect the dots no matter how much I was trying and there was not a single way helping me to go back in time. I sighed in frustration and ran a hand through my freshly washed and wet hair.

"Are you always lurking around?"
The sudden voice just right behind my ear frightened me to death. I flinched and the oil lamp was about to slip out of my hand when his fingers brushed pass my hand and grabbed the lamp just in time. In shock I just froze "Careful" He said deeply, right behind me and my heart skipped a beat.

I slowly turned around "Thank you" I whispered. I slowly lifted my eyes and took a deep breath when his dark eyes took me in. So intensely.

His hair wasn't neatly combed like the last times I have seen him, it was messier than usual, and him not wearing his royal garment made me gulp.

"Your majesty I couldn't sleep and this hall has caught my attention from the very first moment I stepped in here" I breathed out while averting my eyes from him but then again looking back at him because I couldn't look away.

"What exactly has caught your attention Darling?" My heart jumped at the way he asked me this question as if the answer was all written on my face.

"You" I gasped. What did I just say?

I held my mouth with my hand as soon as the word left my mouth and looked at him with widened eyes. Oh this mouth Y/N, oh this freaking mouth. I wanted to melt out of embarrassment while feeling how my cheeks shade started to change.

I helplessly looked at him while he had raised his eyebrows "I-I mean the Paintings!" I breathed out.

Shit.

I gulped and looked into his eyes but froze at what I was witnessing. The eyes of the cold hearted King softened and his scarlet lips curved softly into a smile. My heart started racing and I was about to melt against the Painting, not knowing how to behave out of embarrassment.

"Forgive me my behavior your majesty, I assume it's already pass my sleeping time. I will leave now!" I breathed out and immediately bowed at him, without looking back I turned around, ready to run back as unexpectedly his long fingers wrapped around my wrist and stopped me from running away.

With just one move he pulled me towards him while holding my wrist firmly in his hand, I gasped in shock.

"You will sleep when I say so" He stopped and looked at me. The dim light of the candle in my other hand was shining on his mesmerizing face and taking my breath away.

"You too have caught my attention from the very first moment" He whispered, the corner of his lips lifting up while amusedly staring at my shocked face.

"Now you are allowed to sleep" With this he let my wrist go.