Chapter 16: I trust you

"Maybe one day we'll find the place where our dreams and reality collide..."

Darkness was slowly filling the wide sky above the golden castle. I was standing on the balcony while staring at the green landscape of the castle, the big hills all around the horizon, the beautiful flower garden which added different shaded to the landscape and the beautiful royal white horses..all of this was looking like a beautiful fairytale I didn't belong to.

I gulped when the lump in my throat suddenly started getting bigger.

I still couldn't believe what The King and I have shared because it was far more beautiful than reality could ever capture. And yet here I was scared because one day I had to wake up from this dream, this fairytale and realize that all of this wasn't my reality.

But what if it's too late? What if I don't want to wake up anymore?

My lips were pulsing, I still could feel the warmth of his lips on mine. The way he gently yet so intensely captured his lips with mine, the way he held me, the way he made me feel..

The wind blew against my fave and waved through my hair and dress. When the breeze stroke softly over my lips I immediately got reminded by his lips.

Am I able stop this now?

"Standing on the balcony in these clothes is an invitation of it self I wouldn't want to miss." His deep voice sounded through the whole grand balcony and my face lit up. I automatically bit my lips when I slowly turned around to face the man I was dying to see for the past few days since my injury and the Kiss inside Jugyeong's chamber.

The breeze waved through his perfectly combed and luxious hair, revealing a little bit of his forhead and dark eyebrows. His formal garment was replaced by some more casual and less formal clothes. I gulped while imagining how good he would look in tight jeans covering his muscular thighs and a simple white shirt.

"Y-your majesty.." I breathed out while his eyes took me in. I felt like he knew how his presence made me feel because every time my chest heaved up something in his eyes would flicker.

"Do you trust me Y/N?" I immediately lifted my head when the words had left his scarlet lips. My heart skipped a beat at the sound of my name coming from his lips.

"Of course your majesty" I answered without hesitation but he shook his head in disagreement.

"I am not asking you as your King but as the man Taehyung" I could positively feel my heart almost jumping out of my chest when I realized what he had just said.

I bit on my lower lip while taking a deep breath and nodding at him. "I trust you"

The corner of his lips turned into a smile and his eyes met mine once again while I couldn't help but reply his smile full of excitement not knowing what was happening.

He offered me his hand and my lips parted in shock while my heart was making loops inside my chest.
I wanted to get a grip and calm down, but I couldn't. What would it mean for me when I take his hand? If I accept it will I be able to stay a little longer? Can I leave my life, my reality and my family behind?

I looked back into his eyes and immediately got lost inside them, trying to find an escape but I couldn't. I was already drowning without realizing.

I wanted to dream even if it lasted only for this night. It did not matter if this dream would end tonight because I wanted to wake up with no regrets.

Tonight I wanted to play a part in the fairytale I have always dreamt of while admiring my grandfather's artwork of 200 years ago.

I placed my hand in his and his slender fingers immediately wrapped around my hand, making my whole body tingle under his touch.

"We will leave the castle"

___________

Let the fairytale begin ✨