Chapter 47: Burned Roses

Start from the beginning

I turned my head and my eyes immediately softened when I caught Taehyung sleeping against the headrest. I couldn't even imagine what he was going through, after losing his parents in a car accident he sure had his own demons to deal with yet I selfishly made things trigger inside him.

I averted my eyes and glanced out of the window and noticed that we already reached the villa so why didn't he wake me up?

I lifted my head to silently look at his features which looked identical to the King's yet it felt different when I looked at him. I was so busy trying to turn him into the King that I didn't even paid attention to who this Taehyung really was.

I can't imagine how much he had suffered from the loss of his parents and by being left back with a younger sister to take care of. In a way both of the Taehyung's share a similar past yet the way they dealt with it was different.

Will you ever open up to me and let this cold facade fall?

Am I even allowed to say this while you already have someone in your life?

Do I even want this barrier between us to break?

I sighed tiredly while rubbing my temples as I suddenly noticed how he he tarted moving and rubbing an exhausted hand over his face before tilting his head to look at me.

As soon as our eyes met a warm feeling increased in my stomach.

We have made it

"You're awake" He said, his voice deeper than usual while leaning his head back against the headrest and taking me in. His intense gaze was warm yet there wasn't any sign of innocence inside them.

I blinked tiredly "You have to change Y/n" He said while glancing at the blue gown and made me gulp under his intense glaze.

"I'm too tired to move" I yawned tiredly and his gaze softened.

"I will not let you stay in this dress" He said and I smiled "I know" I answered, he arched an eyebrow in response before lifting the corner of his lips and opening the car door. He shut the door and I smilingly noticed his black jacket around my shoulders which I took off and placed it on the empty drivers seat.

I yawned again while sitting up and watch him open the door on my side and let the cold nightly air into the car, I shuddered while lifting my eyes to look at him.

He avoided my gaze "Careful" he said before placing his muscular on my back and the other under my legs and lifting me up. "You know, I can walk" I chuckled after he shut the door with his foot. I shyly wrapped my arms around his neck while he intentionally ignored my words and started walking towards the villa.

His scent started filling my nose and his body radiated its warmth off to me which is why I had the urge to snuggle myself closer against his body, while trying my best to keep my eyes open and not allow my sleep to take over my body.

"Taehyung about Jugyeong's birthday-" I started but he cut me immediately off "It's okay" He assured me but from the way he gulped I know it was anything but okay to him.

"It's not.." I whispered "I will make up for it" He answered and I nodded heavy heartedly.

Instead of walking through the entrance door he decided to walk in from the other side which I was really glad about because I wasn't ready to face anyone.