Chapter 6: The soccer game

So yeah I took time, sorry. Because I actually want to write about something that isn't about the For You House but I still want to finish the book so I took the decision to write one chapter of this story and write a chapter about another story. I'll still try to update each story at least one chapter per week, don't worry. Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

POV Joseph

I go home and collapse on my bed. My thumb caresses my lips. I kissed Yanyan today, it's kinda weird put it like that. It's not the first time I've kissed a man. I had already kissed Franz for fun. But Yanyan is different. The effect wasn't the same, the reason wasn't the same. I smile when I think back to Yanyan's face, it was cute and funny. It's weird to be close to him again. I get up and take a photo album from my library. I open a random page and find a photo of Yanyan and I as kids. Nothing weird: this album is entirely dedicated to my lost friendship.

In the photo we can see Yanyan and I as children, I think we must have been about 6. It was Halloween day: Yanyan was dressed as a vampire and I was a werewolf. It was a good time! We were really inseparable. But deep down, I know he and I weren't meant to be friends. He was far too fragile and I was far too unconscious to make this last. Besides, I remember very well this event which showed how different Yanyan and I were and how dangerous I was for him.

FLASHBACK

I think I must have been around 5. It was a normal day. I had come to Yanyan's to play with him. But I didn't want to play video games anymore.

"Yanyan, let's go play outside!

- Don't want to.

- We always play video games, I'm sick of it.

- Say rather that you are fed up to lose all the time against me.

- Yes, of course yes! That's why I want to play outside! I want to be to my advantage for once. Come on, say yes. "

He seemed to hesitate and confessed:

"Mommy doesn't want me to play outside.

- And you always listen to what your mom tells you?

- No !

- Yes, you always obey your mom!

- No !

- Prove it then. Come play outside with me!

- I can't !

- Come and play soccer with me if you're telling the truth. "

He thought for several seconds before nodding. I smiled. I had won.

I took his wrist and led him discreetly into my garden.

"Wait for me there," I said, "I'll be back in two minutes with a ball. "

I hurried up to my room and went back down as quickly as possible to find Yanyan waiting quietly for me in the garden.

"Have you ever played soccer?"

- No.

- I thought all the boys had already played soccer. How come ?

- Mommy forbids me to play outside. I don't even remember if I've ever run in my life. "

Actually, I found it very weird but I said nothing.

"So I'll teach you how to play it. You'll see, it's very simple. "

For several minutes, I explained the rules to him and showed him how to play. We then decided to do a one versus one game. At first, Yanyan was the goalkeeper and he had to block my shots. Because he was still a beginner, I made simple shots that were easy to block. But the problem came up when the roles were reversed. Yanyan was about twenty meters away from me so he began to run, kicking the ball lightly, before shooting a few meters from me. I easily caught the ball. I had looked away from him for probably only two seconds but when my gaze fell on him again. Yanyan was lying on the ground and didn't move.

I rushed towards him.

"Yanyan, Yanyan !!!! Open your eyes ! "

I gave him small slaps but nothing worked. I panicked and ran into Yanyan's house to inform his parents.

" Mr, Mrs ! Yanyan and I were playing outside and he fell! He doesn't move anymore!

- WHAT !? "

Yanyan's parents rushed into my garden and quickly called for help. Her mother looked at me with anger and hatred. She walked over to me and slapped me so hard I still remember the pain.

"You dirty little kid, never come near my son again, is that clear !? Because of you, he might die! Forget Yanyan and don't come visit him anymore! "

END OF FLASHBACK

My cheek burns at the memory. But I can't blame her. Her son had just had a heart attack at the age of 5 and he almost died. I cried for days so worried and feeling guilty. My mom told me it wasn't my fault cause I didn't know about his illness. Honestly, Yanyan also ignored it, his parents never told him; they just forbade him to play outside. Since then he has to take pills for his heart every day. This is probably still the case today.

I close my album with asigh. Who would have thought that we would ever fight for a girl? Maybe thiscompetition will allow us to be friends again, who knows? I sometimes miss him.It's been years since I watched Star Wars, Doctor Who, StarTrek, or any anime. I don't like watching it alone... It's less interesting andless fun without Yanyan. Why did he stop being my friend?