Meeting | ملاقات

Start from the beginning

"Let's go, they will be waiting for us", Meesha said a few minutes later. 

Faryal nodded. She straightened her organza dupatta over her head, pestered a smile on her face and marched downstairs along with Meesha. The noise from the lounge was getting louder and louder as they were approaching.

Faryal entered into the lounge while gluing her eyes to the floor, her arrival caused a pin drop silence. The type of silence which terrified her even more.

"Fary come here to meet the guests", Amma Jan said.

Before she could react Baba Jan entered the lounge too.

"Assalam u alikum everyone! sorry I got a bit la....(late)" before he could complete his sentence his eyes fell on the person in front of him, who was as looking as shocked as himself and said, "Zohaib beta you".

Zohaib stood up from his place and greeted his favorite teacher Sir Dr.Ismail Khan.

Everyone looked towards both of them in bewilderment, this time including Faryal.

Baba Jan signaled Faryal to move forward and greet the guests.

It was Faryal's turn to get shocked. The lady sitting in front was none other but Zahra's grandmother whom she met at Meesha's wedding. She moved forward, greeted the aunty, uncle, and a teenage boy (zain)who was carrying Zahra in his lap. She sat in between aunty and Zain.

Azra baji and Noor were serving tea and snacks to all of them.

Faryal felt a tuck on her dupatta while talking with aunty, she moved back and saw a small hand holding the corner of her dupatta. She looked in the eyes of Zain for the permission to which he nodded with a heart-warming smile and handed Zahra to her.

Zain felt her nervousness and initiated a conversation with her to make her comfortable, which surely worked. Both talked about their studies, families, and hobbies while Zain kept cracking the jokes in between making her laugh. Zain told him about Huzaifa as well, who could not accompany them due to an important meeting in the office.

Seeing Faryal comfortable with the guest made her family relax, on the other hand seeing Zohaib normally talking with Faryal's baba Jan and Agha Jan surprised his family as well.

Everyone was engrossed in their conversation when suddenly Agha Jan said to Baba Jan "Ismail how do you know Zohaib?"

"Zohaib was my student in the medical college, a very bright student indeed", Baba Jan said with a love-filled voice making Zohaib proud.

Meesha, Saba Aunty, and Amma Jan were talking to each other when aunty told her about Zohaib's proposal for Faryal. Amma Jan and Meesha were shocked for a moment because they didn't expect that.

"Amma Jan being a mother I hope you would understand my situation as you have been through the same circumstances", Saba aunty said to which Amma Jan nodded.

Both of them further continued their conversation over the same topic.

After some time The Durranis stood up to leave while the Khans went outside to bid them a farewell.

They greeted each other warmly and sat down in the car. Faryal hugged and Zahra placed a kiss on her cheek lovingly. She looked towards her right side when she felt a constant gaze on herself. She looked up and her eye met his. She got nervous looking into his eyes. He quickly averted his eyes. Seeing Zahra comfortable with a stranger was a new thing for him. He came forward, took Zahra from her, and hurriedly sat in the car.

The Durranis went inside, Faryal And Meesha went upstairs while the other three sat down in the lounge.

Meesha talked with Faryal for some time, consciously tried to divert the topic from today's topic because deep down she had no idea how would Faryal take the proposal after knowing that Zohaib is the one for whom her hand is asked. 

He seemed a good person, beauty with brains but her main concern was that he was already married and has a kid now. She observed Faryal who was looking herself by now, talkative and bubbly, for which she was more than grateful.

After a while, Meesha's husband came to take her home. Faryal went with her downstairs, met Fahad Bhai (Meesha's husband). She bid them farewell after a lot of insistence to stay for the dinner but Fahad Bhai denied and promised her they will come another day. She waved them "Bye" and came back inside.

She was passing by the lounge when unintentionally she heard the conversation for her family. 

                   *****

So many shocks in one chapter...hahaha I'm surely overdramatic, but I guess it was much needed. 

How do you think out of nowhere Zohaib agreed to the marriage?

What will be Faryal's reaction after knowing the truth?

Which part of the story do you like? and why?

I'll be waiting for your feedback!