Family | خاندان

HAPPY READ!❤

Your goal in life is to find out the people who need you the most, to find out the business that needs you the most, to find the project and the art that needs you the most. There is something out there just for you. 

-Naval Ravikant.

DURRANI HOUSE:

Faryal was exiting her room when she heard some noise coming from the guest rooms. She looked in bewilderment at the brooms, mops, other cleaning and sweeping tools in the corridor. Usually, Saturday mornings are exactly opposite in the Durrani house, quiet and peaceful.

"What's happening in the house today?", She muttered with furrowed eyebrows and went downstairs. Mom was sitting in the lounge and giving instructions to Saleem Bhai.

"Saleem, did you understand everything I've told you? Please bring all the items carefully.", Mom said to Saleem Bhai while giving him a piece of paper.

"Ji bibi, mein samajh gya ap befikr rahen (Yes I understood, you don't need to worry)", Saleem bhai said assuringly and left the place.

Mom turned her head and saw Faryal standing at the corner.

"Faryal beta why are you standing far away, come here", Mom called out. Faryal nodded her head and walked forward.

"Assalam-u-Alikum mom!" She said, kissed mom on her cheek, and sat beside her.

"Walikum Assalam", Mom replied lovingly.

"Mom is something happening in the house today?", Faryal asked curiously.

"Yes beta, our family is coming", Mom replied.

"From the haveli?", Faryal questioned in a hopeful tone.

"Yes, from the haveli", Mom said with a smile.

"Yayyy" Faryal exclaimed. "I'm so happy mom, when did you know? ohh Please make them stay longer".

"Don't worry they will be staying here for about more than 2 months. It's a Durrani's tradition. Did I never tell you this before", Mom asked with furrowed eyebrows.

Faryal shook her head indicating a "No". 

"Oh! My Bad".

"When we first moved to Islamabad it was very hard for us to live here alone and for all of them to let us go, as we all are very family-oriented. At that time Abba Jan (Zohaib's dada jan) decided that no matter what the whole family would spend some months of the year together in the haveli. A few years later, when Zohaib and Uzair started going to school then summer vacation was the time duration we decided to spend in the haveli." Mom explained.

"Wow, that's amazinggg", Faryal said in awe.

"Everything was going as planned but when Zohaib completed his studies and joined the hospital it got impossible for all of us to go to the haveli together, so that's why for the past few years the whole Durrani family spend their time here in Islamabad at our place. Bhai Sahab (Taya Abu) can manage the work from here virtually along with Uzair because they have quite a great workforce at the company by Almighty's grace. Or sometimes if anything needs their presence they go back for few days"

"That's great! but when are they coming mom?", Faryal questioned.

"In the evening, they informed me last night about their plan", Mom replied.

"Oh, I've to do so many things. Mom, please guide me as well if you want me to do anything. I want to help you.", Faryal said excitedly.

"Obviously, without a daughter's help how a mother would complete her work", Mom said with a smile looking at Faryal's enthusiasm.