Epilogue-2

HAPPY READ!

------------------------------------------------

Nazar jub us say milthi thi, 

Mein khud ko bhool jatha tha.

Bus aik dharkan dharkthi thi,

Mein khud ko bhool jatha tha.

Us say milne say pehle,

Bohut sajtha sanwartha tha.

Magar jub wo sanwarthi thi,

Mein khud ko bhool jatha tha.

Mein aksar yehi kehtha tha,

Mein tum say pyaar krtha hun.

Magar jub wo kehthi thi,

Mein khud ko bhool jatha tha. 

------------------------------------------------

It was early morning. The rays of sunlight peaked above the mountains brightening up the sky. The crows had started cawing and the birds were chirping all around. A fresh wind was blowing.

"Wani", Faryal called Wania in a hushed tone and held her hand so Wania couldn't move away. Faryal looked at her side Zohaib was making dua with his eyes closed and hands spread together in front of him. She shifted her gaze down, Zahra was doing the same with a small stole wrapped around her head. They were standing in front of Ayza's grave

Faryal picked up Wania in her arms, guided her to spread her hands, and mumbled, "Allah Miyan, take care of Wania's mummy". Wania turned her head towards Faryal.

"Wani say Ameen", Faryal instructed Wania.

"Ameen", Wania said in a baby voice.

(A/N: Wania is almost 2.5 years old if in case anyone wants to know)

Faryal kissed her cheek and shifted her eyes towards Ayza's grave. Today was Zahra's 5th birthday which meant Ayza's 5th death anniversary as well. Whoever says that pain lessens with the passage of time, has never known what pain is in real. The graves in the cemetery get old but the grieve of the loved ones always remains like an open wound.

Faryal starred at the grave and mumbled a prayer for Ayza's soul. Her thoughts drifted to the day when Zohaib asked Faryal why her Ammi's grave is filled with small flowering plants.

When Faryal was little her Baba Jan had told her that if a plant grows on the grave it will keep on glorifying Almighty as long as it remains fresh, green, and flourishing i.e, until it withers. And because of its glorification, divine mercy will be shown on the deceased.

If someone asks, What is love? They need to see these two graves. "Beautiful", and "Graves", are two words that everyone believes couldn't be used in one sentence but Zohaib and her baba have proved everyone wrong. 

Every weekend Zohaib would come back home with muddy clothes and shoes. His hands were dirty with the mud but there would be always baby plants sprouting on the grave.

Love is the way these colorful floral plants have covered every bit of the grave. It makes her wonder if that isn't the heaven everyone talks about. Giving someone heaven up there is entirely Almighty's job but building up heaven through love and selflessness for your loved one is the purest form of unconditional love.

Seeing all the muddy and miserable graves around. It made her realize what love really does to someone. Love makes us stand tall among the others.

"Ammi", Zahra called her, breaking Faryal's train of thoughts.