Unexpected | غیر متوقع

Tum hi socho zara kyun na rokhen tumhe,

Jaan jaati hai jub uth ke jaatay ho tum.

*----------------------------------------------*

Zahra stretched her body and yawned. She blinked a few times, and then slowly opened her eyes. Zohaib was intently looking at her every movement.

"Finally you woke up", Zohaib smiled. "I would have woken you up but your Ammi forced me to wait".

Zahra starred at him for a moment and gave him a smile. She turned around and hid her face in Faryal's embrace.

"Hey Zahra", Zohaib nudged her but she wasn't moving at all. "Zahraaa".

"Aww she is getting shy, it's been days she hasn't seen you", Faryal laughed.

"Zahra you were calling your daddy, look he is back", Faryal grazed her fingers through Zahra's hair. Zahra let out a giggle.

"Okay so you are throwing tantrums now", Zohaib picked up Zahra in his hands. Zahra squealed.

"Itne nakhre kahan say seekh rahi ho? (From where are you learning all these tantrums?)", he kissed her.

"Daddy missed you sooo much", he hugged her tightly. 

"Zahra missed you too. Haina Zahra (right)?", Faryal said. Zahra sat down on Zohaib's lap.

"No", Zahra pouted.

"What?", Zohaib frowned.

"It's Yes, remember I taught you how to say it.", Faryal facepalmed. "Yes Yes".

"Yesh Yesh", Zahra Facepalmed too.

"She forgot", Faryal and Zohaib laughed.

"Copy cat you are getting too cute, I'll eat you up if you didn't stop being that cute.", Zohaib lightly bit her with his lips. Zahra dropped a kiss on his cheek. Zohaib smiled from ear to ear.

"I'll go and inform mom that you came back", Faryal said. Zohaib nodded and she went downstairs.

"Saleem said that Zohaib came last night", Mom stated as Faryal entered the living room where Mom, Tayi Ammi, Dadi phupho and Dadi jan were already present.

"Yes Mom, I came here to inform you that", Faryal's side hugged Mom.

"That's great, Zahra must be happy now", Tayi Ammi stated.

"She is veryyy happy Tayi Ammi I can't even tell you", Faryal said.

"Come here Faryal", Dadi phupho adjusted her glasses over her nose.

Faryal got tensed. Mom signaled her to go forward. She stepped forward.

"Sit here", Dadi phupho patted the sofa. Faryal sat down beside her.

"Who is Zohaib to you?", Dadi phupho questioned. Faryal's eyes flew open. Zain joined them. He frowned and settled down on the sofa.

"Shohr hai uska yeh kesi baatein poch rahi ho bachi say (He is her husband, what kind of questions you are asking the kid)", Dadi jan said.

"What is dadi phupho upto at this time", Zain mumbled.

"Faryal will give me an answer", Dadi phupho said sternly.

"Hus..Husband", Faryal stuttered. Dadi phupho's tone was scaring her.

"Thank God you understand this", Dadi phupho said. "Your husband came home after days. That's how you are dressed up around him", Dadi phupho pointed at her appearance. She was wearing a casual shalwar kameez and her hair was tucked into a messy bun.