Embrace | آغوش

-Unedited:

Zidi hun magar jo wo pukaray tou,

Jan hazir, Anaa bhool jaun, gharoor war dun.

----------------------------------

Zohaib was sitting on the bench at the shoreline of the lake. He starred at the calm water in front of him.

"That's the favorite spot of your mummy, Zahra", He said. "We used to stare at the water, eat samosas and speak our heart out".

He moved his gaze across the lake view park. It was crowded than usual due to eid. Kids were enjoying along with their parents, which made him realize how lonely he and Zahra seemed compared to others. The clouds thundered. He gazed at the sky. 

Barishon k mosum mein, tum ko yaad krne ki.

Adatein purani hain....

Ab ki bar socha tha, adatein badul dalen.

Phi khayal atha hai. Adatein badalnay say,

Barishen nahi rukhti.....

He picked up a samosa and took a bite with a heavy heart.

"Mmm these samosas are heaven, its taste is unbeatable", Ayza's words echoed in his mind.

"I can feel your presence Ayza, I'll always do", he whispered.

A series of memories played in front of his eyes like a movie. From their childhood friendship days to falling in love, courtship, marriage and then suddenly his mother's words rang into his mind "Zahra needs a mother Zohaib"...."You have to marry her Zohaib", Faryal's face flashed in front of him and he snapped out of his thoughts. He fetched a deep breath.

"Let's go home Zahra before it starts raining. Your Ammi will be waiting for us.", He picked up Zahra in his hands and went outside of the park towards the parking area. He was about to sit in the car when his eyes fell on a flower shop.

"Phool lay letha hun uske leye takay un murjaye hovay phoolon ki jaan choray wo (I'll buy flowers for her so she will throw away those withered flowers", he thought.

He bought a purple orchid bouquet for her and went home.

"Um..miii", Zahra said to him again as he entered the house.

"We have reached Zahra", he tried to convince her.

"By the way Zahra, saying daddy is not that hard beta", he groaned. "I'll make you learn it, very soon In'Sha'Allah".

"Zohaib sahb", Nadia baji called his name worriedly.

"What happened Nadia baji? Are you okay?", He asked in concern.

"Faryal bibi came home and I don't know why but she was crying so much. Please check on her",

"What?", his eyes shoot open, and climbed the stairs hurriedly.

----------------------------------

"Please open the door", Uzair pleaded.

"Bhai I'm so scared for her", Mahum said. Tears were continuously rolling down her cheeks.

"Faryal please open the door", Uzair said again.

"Where is Faryal?", Zohaib asked as he literally ran into the room. He threw the bouquet on the bed.

"She has locked herself in the washroom", Uzair said.

"Why?", Zohaib asked.

"From the last 15 minutes, she has locked up herself in the washroom. We were gone outside and a man..a man harassed....", before Mahum could complete her sentence Zohaib handed her Zahra. He went towards the closet, searched the drawer, and finally picked up the keys in his hands.