Sacred | مقدس

Unedited:

Kitaboon say dalelein dun ya khud ko samne rukh dun?

wo mujh say pooch bethi hai, Mohabbat kis ko kehtein hain.

------------------------------------------------

Faryal was standing in front of the mirror. She applied a peach colored lipstick and pressed her lips together. Her hair was neatly plated into a french braid, leaving a few strands hanging around her temples. She adjusted the black khadar dupatta on her shoulder and turned around.

Zohaib was sitting on the bed with Zahra beside him playing with her soft toy. He was putting on Zahra's tiny socks on her feet and then her shoes.

"Are you ready?", Zohaib turned his head towards Faryal.

"Yup", Faryal nodded. She picked up Zahra's woolen cap from the bag and put it on her head. Zahra kept smiling.

"Aray waah Zahra, itni zyada khushi aj tayar honay ki", Faryal pulled her cheek lightly.

"If her Ammi will get ready like that, won't she think we are taking her outside", Zohaib stated.

"Nope Zahra, guests are coming. How can we go outside beta", Faryal said to Zahra.

"We should join everyone, guest will be arriving soon", Zohaib said, he got up from the bed with Zahra in his hands. Faryal nodded and they went downstairs.

"Uzair go and get dressed up", Tayi Ammi voice came as they entered the living area.

"I'm already dressed up", Uzair frowned.

"What is this, wear something nice", Tayi Ammi said.

"Mama should I wear a sherwani and sit on a horse to welcome them", Uzair replied in an annoyed tone.

"This boy won't understand how important your first impression should be", Tayi Ammi shook her head and went back to the kitchen. Zohaib laughed. Uzair looked in his direction.

"Yeh tum dono nay jo muje emotionally black mail kiya hai na maaf nahi karun ga mein (I won't forgive you both for emotionally blackmailing me)", he said to Faryal and Zohaib. Zohaib laughed again which annoyed him even more.

"The guests are here", Nadia baji announced. The whole family went out to welcome them. 

Roshni was there with her parents, younger brother Aashir and cousin Haya. Amma Jan invited them inside the house. Everyone settled down in the living area.

"How was the journey", Baba jan initiated the conversation.

"It was lovely, especially the weather", Roshni's father replied. "Thank you for inviting us here".

Faryal sat down on the sofa and Zahra started wailing and winning.

"Shh Zahra", Faryal said lovingly and got up. Zahra looked at her Ammi and blinked her tears filled eyes a few times. Zohaib was about to sit down on the sofa, Zahra looked at him and let out a high-pitched scream. He quickly straightened up and walked up to them.

"Come Zahra", he moved his hands forward but she tightly held her Ammi and started crying. Faryal rubbed her back to coax her but she wasn't ready to listen to her parents.

"What happened to her?", Mom asked worriedly. "She was so happy a few minutes ago, what happened to her now". All the eyes shifted towards them.

"I guess Zahra thought we were taking her outside. That's what she does whenever Faryal gets ready", Zohaib said.