Trust | اعتماد

"NOT ALL OF US CAN DO GREAT THINGS

BUT WE CAN DO SMALL THINGS WITH GREAT LOVE."

                                                                         - Mother Teresa

DURRANI HOUSE:

The rays of sunlight had lit up Zohaib's room. The chorus of melodic birdsong was audible in the silence of a running air conditioner. Slowly and reluctantly Zohaib opened his eyes. Streaks of sunlight penetrated the window and blinded him. He blinked, closed his eyes, and blinked again trying to adjust his eyes to the light.

He opened his eyes slowly and looked at the figure in front of him. Her hair has covered her face. "Ayza", he muttered in surprise and looked carefully. 

His eyes shot up when the reality dawned upon him and sat up straight. He has realized it was Faryal, he starred at her face for few minutes and then shifted his gaze towards Zahra who was sleeping soundly glued to Faryal. He dragged his feet off the bed, rubbed his knuckles onto his eyes, spread the curtains, and went to the washroom to freshen up.

After some time he came out of the washroom, Faryal and Zahra were still asleep. He looked at the wall clock which was saying 10:32 AM, left the room, and went downstairs.

"Assalam-u-Alikum", Zohaib said as he entered the lounge to everyone.

"Walikum Assalam", everyone replied.

Mom stood up from her place took Zohaib's face in her hands kissed his forehead and said: "I'm sorry beta, I was not there when you needed me".

"It's okay mom", Zohaib replied looking into her mother's eyes.

"Kabi tou gila kar liya karo Zohaib. Insist us to help you, fight with us when we leave you alone in such kind of situation, this silence will eat you.", Mom said with tears filled eyes. Zohaib wiped his mother's tears and hugged her. He kissed his mom on her head as he was taller than her.

"Bhai how is Zahra now?", Huzaifa asked.

"We wanted to see her last night but Zain said she was sleeping", Dad added.

"She is fine, Alhumdullilah", Zohaib heaved a sigh. 

"Yesterday was a nightmare", he added,

"Let's sit down". mom said and broke the hug.

"Where is Zahra, did you left her alone in the room?", dad asked.

"Zahra is still asleep dad" Zohaib replied. Everyone looked at him questioningly because Zohaib has never left her alone before.