Sunset 09-Twilight

BKPP Snippet

🌅🌺🌅🌺🌅🌺

Twilight

"Feeling much better?" Teh asked gently. One hand caressing Oh-Aew's hair, the other hand firmly around Oh-Ae's waist. Anything to keep him closer and tighter to him. 

There, he done it. 

He popped the question asking Oh-Aew if he, himself could be Oh-Aew's boyfriend. 

Teh felt movements on his shoulder as Oh-Aew blew his nose on his shirt. If this was any other normal best friend day, Teh would have teased the hell out of Oh-Aew but from this moment on, they are no longer best friends. The status of their relationship is about to change. No, already changed, perhaps. From now on, Oh-Aew deserves all the gentleness from Teh. 

Oh-Aew sniffed as he tried to stop his sobbing. When he saw the mess he made on Teh's shirt, he started to pat his pants for something to wipe with but when there wasn't any, he attempted to use his hand but Teh caught it just in time. 

"Oh-Aew?" Teh called out gently again but the boy in front of him wouldn't look him in the eyes. "Sorry...I messed your shirt up," Oh-Aew said between hiccups. The soft orang-y brown hue reflected on the pale skin beautifully, making Oh-Aew look more adorable.

"It's alright," Teh assured him as he gave the hand a gentle squeeze before bringing up to his lips, giving it a kiss. Oh-Aew retracted his hand immediately. Teh is confused as to why Oh-Aew is behaving like that. Doesn't Oh-Aew likes him as well? 

Teh decided to try again. He cupped Oh-Aew again. Oh-Aew has really long beautiful lashes and big eyes. He ran his thumb over Oh-Aew's soft supple lips. Teh swallowed a little. 

This is it. His first kiss. With Oh-Aew. 

He edged in closer to those lips. 

But then, nothing. 

What? 

"We should get going. The sun's set and it's getting dark," 

Oh-Aew avoided the kiss. Teh gulped again. Oh-Aew wouldn't even look at him now. But why? Teh is confused but he knew it was not the right time to ask Oh-Aew about it. Both of them have enough to process for the evening. 

"Let's go home Teh," Oh-Aew asked, still not meeting Teh's eyes but Oh-Aew snuck his fingers around one of Teh's hand, tugging it slightly. Teh smiled and nodded. 

The journey upwards from the tip of the cape was a mixture of awkward silence and stolen touches. Silence because Teh didn't know what to say to Oh-Aew save for the casual "here, take my hand" and "mind your step". Stolen touches because Oh-Aew didn't seem to want to maintain long hand contacts despite Teh offering them often. 

Finally they got up after a quick 10-15 minutes hike. Thank goodness they drank up their coconut water supply so they didn't have any extra heavy weight. By the time they got up to the main road, it was already twilight, the sun is gone, the street lights up and nobody on the roads. 

Just the two of them. 

"I think we will have to walk down a bit to catch a tuk-tuk. Are you tired?" Teh asked again. Their eyes met briefly before both look away shyly. 

"Hmm, I am fine," 

Teh felt he should do more. 

"Let me take your bagpack,"

"I'm fine,"

"I want to," Teh finished. Oh-Aew glanced at him, a little unsure but knowing Teh will continue to insist anyway, Oh-Aew took down his bagpack and handed it to Teh who put it on his own back swiftly. Teh suddenly felt a certain weight. Definitely not the weight of the bagpack and the shoes inside of it. 

As he looked at Oh-Aew standing in front of him, the weight that he felt right now would be the weight of the hearts of both them.  His and Oh-Aew's. 

Teh took Oh-Aew's hands and gave both of it a squeeze. Oh-Aew's gaze met his this time because he was curious as to why the squeeze happened. Teh observed how puffy Oh-Aew's eyes are after all that crying and sobbing. Eyeballs still evident with red strains. 

"I'm sorry I made you cry so much," Oh-Aew's confusion appeared almost immediately. "I promise I'll do better to make you cry less from now on," Teh meant that. Oh-Aew gave him a weak smile and nodded.

"I really mean it. I'll make a lot of mistakes along the way but I will learn. For you, for me, for us," Oh-Aew's eyes started brimming with tears again and soon the sniffing started all over again. 

"Ok. I'll tell you where you go wrong so you can learn," 

"Yeah, you can tutor me like I did mandarin class," Teh just had to joke but it worked, earning Oh-Aew's chuckles. 

"Ok. We'll do it together, learn together," Oh-Aew smiled, wiping stray tears away and sniffing again. Teh pulled him into a hug again. He is definitely getting used to hugs with Oh-Aew. 

"Yeah, together," Teh said softly, caressing the soft hair in his embrace again. 

Yes.

They will tutor each other, guide each other as they start their  new chapter life as boyfriends. As two person who love each other. 

"Let's go home?" Teh asked again after a while. Oh-Aew looked up and nodded. 

This time, Oh-Aew was the one who took the initiative to intertwine their hands together, his effort to start their journey together. 

Teh smiled and began to lead the way. 

This is his effort to continue it. 

 🌅🌺🌅🌺🌅🌺

Revision 1: Spelling mistakes & Structures. 9th December 2020