Sunset 63-Another Story, Prologue 00

BKPP Snippet

🌅🌺🌅🌺🌅🌺

*Note: Still looping Fake News. This is an alternate universe story about a rich patron visiting a club to watch a club singer performing. 

Another Story, Prologue

The Moon

I nodded as my gratitude accepting the glass of pink champagne. I quickly took a sip since my song bridge is about to end and I have to continue singing. 

I broke back into the lyrics of my new song as I watched him walked back to his seat by the counter. I could feel his steady gaze on me. I didn't look back. Probably I was too shy. Looking at anyone but him allowed me to sing easier. The last time I allowed myself to stare at him, I missed singing a line. Luckily I covered it well but Key, my keyboardist definitely knew something was up with me. 

He smirked when I shyly confessed what happened. "Not you to miss a line," was what he said. 

True that. And it only happened when he happened to be around which was getting frequent as far as I could notice. 

I started out singing in this clubhouse not a long time ago. Singing was always part of me which I thought would stay hidden forever but in college, I met Key who was into music and live jams. He invited me to sing along when he heard me accidentally hummed a popular TV series theme song. Singing at this club was his idea and through one of his many connections. 

I would say we are not doing too bad. The club was always almost full when I performed, usually once a week of Fridays but Key managed to persuade me to add another day, a Saturday. Why not, since I get extra pocket money to spend and Key doesn't mind letting me sing songs I wrote and even helped me arrange the music. Best jamming partner ever. 

Then I started noticing him. 

I was not sure since when he started coming but when I finally noticed, he was always there by the counter seat. Sometimes, his presence would be shadowed by other. Sometimes he would just pop. Somehow, I always managed to spot him out of the crowd, just like that.  

I thought he looked a little older than I was or probably the same age with his mature dressing. You can never guess people's age these days with advanced fashion going around. He has this dimple on his face when he smiled. I noticed too when our eyes sometimes met. 

Looks, he has them. Sometimes his hair looked slicked gelled back like a gentleman. Sometimes not gelled and messy like a boy. Always in white work shirts minus the coat. Perhaps he could be some sort of business people. Or just some rich kid pretending to be an adult, who knows. 

Tonight he wore all black. Buttons down exposing a little bit of his chest. Could see a hint of a gym person. Hair gelled back. Looking a little more gentleman than usual. 

He was late tonight. 

I didn't see him until after the first verse of my new song, Fake News. I had this inspiration to write the song after watching this new popular series online. Key helped me arranged it to sound like something out of the 80s. It gave the vibe and the sound I love. 

He looked a little hasten when he came in through the club door. I wonder why. 

Anyway, tonight was not the usual night he should visit the club nor was it the usual day I perform. The club owner made a last minute request tonight Sunday to us to replace a band who couldn't come in. I agreed as a favor to Key and the club owner who frankly were very generous with us. We get to keep our tips and we get as much free drinks as we want on the house.