⁰⁸, AWKWARD GATHERINGS

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆.
chapter eight; Awkward Gatherings
" She's a risk to our exposure. "

Rowan was folding clothes on her bed as her aunt walked into her room

Rowan was folding clothes on her bed as her aunt walked into her room. "We're having dinner at Circe's tonight."

"Fantastic." Rowan muttered sarcastically, shaking her head as she started to put away her clothes.

"You'll live." Evelyn teased, "Plus, it will also give me a chance to get her alone so I can talk to her about the... Bella situation."

Rowan stopped what she was doing to look at her aunt. "That's what we're calling it? The Bella situation?"

"You know what I mean." She sighed, "In the mean time, get ready for yet another another awkward convocation."

*   *   *

Gatherings

Gatherings. No one wants to go to them, they're a huge pain to plan, and they almost always end with an altercation of some sort. Now add the word magic into it, and things are sure to get interesting. Especially with the Dyers, Keelings, Yarboroughs, Whitmores, a Whittaker, and the Evergreens all under the same roof.

And that's why Rowan was not looking forward towards that evening at all. But it was too late, seeing as her aunt was already ringing the eerie doorbell that belonged to the Dyer couple's relatively large house that was too big for just the two of them.

In a matter of seconds, the door swung open, and the two Evergreens could hear the many voices of the five other witch families in Forks, along with the sound of a certain Fleetwood Mac song playing in the background.

"Rowan!" The teenager heard her name being called and turned to see Lilura with her family close by.

Looking back at her aunt for permission for them to separate, the woman nodded her head and she made her way towards the fourteen year old.