¹⁵, STAY AT HOME PROM

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆.
chapter fifteen; Stay At Home Prom
" I would do anything to make you feel better again. "

When Rowan got home that night, she couldn't have possibly been in a worse state of mind

When Rowan got home that night, she couldn't have possibly been in a worse state of mind. Her best friend since childhood, someone she had sworn to protect from any other worldly supernaturals, had just confessed that she wanted to become one. A bloodsucker out of all of them.

She had no idea how someone could so carelessly throw their life away for someone they haven't known more more than a bit of a year, and how much she would give anything to be normal. Bella was taking that for granted, taking her friendship with Rowan for granted, and most importantly, taking her own self for granted.

She was already in such a poor state, so the fact that she got numerous calls and texts from the lot of her friends weren't helping. She had enough that night, and found herself having another magical episode, something of which only happened from when she was a child.

She screamed in pure rage and sadness, causing the books from her shelf to fling across the room, and used her powers to send the pictures she had up to the floor. Realizing what she had done, she fell to the floor in shock. Just in time, however, Evelyn entered her bedroom.

"Oh, baby." Her aunt said, taking a look at the mess before cradling her niece in her arms.

*   *   *

For next few days, all she wanted was to be alone. No one, not her friends, not the coven, not even her own aunt could help her in this time. She didn't even have the willpower to attend school. Evelyn had to come up with an excuse that she was sick, and had all of her work sent to her.

Although Rowan was avoiding everyone, that couldn't stop her from experiencing a few unpaid visits. Many from members of the coven, and others from a few close friends, worried about the girl.

"I think we should tell Circe." Ruth said from downstairs, as Rowan was trying to get some sleep in her room.

"She wants to be a vampire." Elizabeth sighed, shaking her head.

"And risk her hexing Bella, or worse?" Alisa asked.

"She wouldn't do that."

"Hold on, okay? Nobody is telling Circe." Evelyn said, "Alright?"

*   *   *

The next guest to arrive was Jacob. With Rowan not visiting the rez and her not keeping in contact with him, he thought that something was incredibly wrong. So he went to visit. Evelyn wanted to turn him away, but he was animate about seeing her. So, with full reluctance, she lead him to her room.

"Rowan?" He asked, standing at the doorframe as he looked down at his friend who was scrunched up into a ball of self-pity.

She didn't answer. The voice of him did make her turn to look at him quickly, but ultimately went back to staring at the blank side of her wall.

"Rowan?" He said again. Still no response.

He felt a tinge of sadness, seeing her in such a condition and him not being able to do much about it. He walked over to the foot of her bed, sitting down.

"I know you're upset, and I don't really know why." He began, "But I would do anything to make feel better again. I hate seeing you this way. Please, say something."

It took a great amount of strength to push past her depressive episode, but she slowly sat up from across from them. Sorrowfully, she reached for a hug. He instantly wrapped his arms around her, and she hurried her face into his neck.

"I'm sorry." She finally said, "It's just that I'm dealing with a lot of things right now. But I'm so glad you're here right now."

"Me too."

*   *   *

A month after the attack, Rowan had began to open up once again, a little bit at a time. She started attending school once again, being around her friends, and would make friendly eye contact with Bella- only to show her that no matter what, they'd always be close friends. She had also continued practicing her magic with Sacha and Vanessa, almost being able to use her magic with full capability without her pendant. That also meant that she was going to be a full-fledged member of the coven soon, and Circe was already making preperations to hold the traditional initiation ritual.

It was the night of prom, and she had just gotten off of the phone with Vanessa. She was telling her about every minor detail relating to her, Jessica, and Angela's dresses, dates, and, of course, prom and it's unique theme. Rowan enjoyed hearing about it, and even recieving a picture from Bella which showed her dark blue attire. But she couldn't deny the fact that she was jealous of not being able to attend, and being stuck home alone by herself as her aunt was at work.

Trying to distract herself from her loneliness with lighting a fire with her newfound magic without any assistance, it inevitably became borning as she sat herself back from the coffee table. But, it seemed as if the universe had payed attention to her thoughts, because she suddenly heard the doorbell ring. She opened it, and smiled upon seeing Jacob Black. She looked him up and down, seeing his fancy getup and felt her heart rush and a blush form on her cheeks. If it were not for the dim-lit room and the darkness of the room, she could've seen him doing the same.

"Jacob?"

"Rowan." He chuckled, "Surprised to see me?"

"Never when your always around." She joked back, "But why are you here, and why are you dressed like that?"

"Well, I had to crash the prom for a bit because my dad wanted me to tell Bella to break up with her boyfriend."

"Oh?" Rowan mused.

"Yup, he said to tell her, and I quote, 'we'll be watching.'"

Rowan shook her head in understanding, knowing that Billy and the pack were equally frustrated. "Well, come in."

"Lead the way." He said, taking her arm and leading her to the couch in a matter similar to that of a prom date.

Rowan's entire body once again became warm. She knew she was alright with Jacob, and so did her powers. For the candle's flame she had previously lit grew stronger as they walked closer.