⁰⁶, A SECRET LET SLIPPED

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆.
chapter six; A Secret Let Slipped
" I know. "

Another person was killed that night, one of Charlie's good friends

Another person was killed that night, one of Charlie's good friends. The coven was on edge, and the four teenage witches were terrified.

From then on out they were not to go anywhere after school unless they were together, never leave the house at night, and certainly not allowed to go investigating. But they were sure that they already knew who the the culprit was.

Vanessa's mom, Ruth, said that Waylon Forge had a bite mark on his wrist upon the discovery of his body. They had their theories, and the most probable one was that a vampire or two could be passing by the area.

And if they were just as vicious as their attacks, Rowan wanted nothing more than to stay away. But even that wouldn't get in the way of her trying to act as a normal highschool girl.

"Monte Carlo? That's our prom theme?" Jessica asked as she looked at the flyers Eric was handing out.

"Mhm." He smirked, "Gambling, tuxedos, and Bond, James Bond."

Vanessa scoffed playfully and shook her head as Angela brought her camera up to take a picture, but quickly put it back down. "Oh, my god."

"What, what?" Rowan questioned impatiently.

She literally ok over towards Edward Cullen's car to see him opening the passenger's side, which Bella Swan slowly stepped out of.

No, this can't be happening. She thought.

"Dia ghràdhaich." Vanessa mumbled.

Rowan's worst nightmare had come true. She thought that Bella just had a small crush on him and that it would past like all teenage obsessions do.

Never in her wildest dreams did she think that them... becoming a thing would actually happen. So, she knew what she had to do. She had to talk to her about it. And as Edward put his arm around her and walked past, she knew that she had to do it soon.

* * *

A few days later, Rowan had finally gathered up enough courage to ask Bella about her and Edward's relationship

A few days later, Rowan had finally gathered up enough courage to ask Bella about her and Edward's relationship. She had asked her if she wanted to go for a walk around their neighborhood, -knowing that it was the only place Evelyn felt safe letting her roam free- and she happily agreed.

"So, are you and Edward like dating now or..." Rowan asked as she fidgeted with her necklace. They were almost done with their walk.

"I- think so. I don't know. It's complicated." Bella admitted.

She sighed. "Well that's what comes with being around a Cullen. Complications."

"What?"

"I'm just saying, you have to be careful." Rowan warned.

Bella stopped walking on the sidewalk, and she did the same. "What does that mean?"

"They're not safe, Bella." Rowan said, "I wish you could understand. I don't want him to hurt you."

"He won't... he's not-"

"-You shouldn't be near him."

By now Rowan was getting more upset by the minute. Not because Bella wasn't listening, but because Edward obviously had her under some sick, demented love spell. Their kind... luring unsuspecting victims to their doom with their pale skin and piercing eyes.

"That's not your decision to make." Bella argued as they resumed towards their houses.

Rowan groaned and stared at her with beady eyes. "I don't want to see you get hurt."

"I already told you that he's not going to hurt me."

"How do you know for sure?" She asked.

"Because, I do." Bella answered reluctantly.

"That's not good enough, Bella please-"

"-Rowan. I'm fine." She barked.

The statement made her quietly laugh. "No you're not. You don't understand."

"Yes I do." Bella said, getting closer to Rowan's house. "I understand more than you think I do."

Rowan began to pick up her pace, as Bella wandered a good distance behind. "Well if you did you would just listen to me."

"I know." She said before Rowan could go any faster.

"Know what?"

"What he is..." Bella paused as if she was hesitanting before continuing. "what you are."

And it was in that moment when Rowan's heart stopped, as well as her legs. Standing right in front of her house with her back towards Bella, she couldn't help but wonder if she heard that correctly. There was no way... she couldn't possibly have known about her kind.

But then again, she also couldn't possibly have been dating Edward. And they pretty much just announced their relationship status in front of the whole school. But it also would've made sense then. With Bella and him getting as close as they have been, he could have let it slip that he was a vampire. And that her friend was a witch.

"I... have no idea what you're talking about." Rowan said, although it didn't sound convincing at all.

Quickly, she ran inside of her house, slamming the door shut behind her and started to look for Evelyn. "Aunt Evelyn, aunt Evelyn! It's important!"

Not long after, the sound of rushed footsteps from the staircase was heard. "What? Are you alright, did you get hurt?"

"No." She shook her head as she approached her niece, "It's about Bella."

"Is she alright? Where is she?"

"No... she knows, aunt Evelyn. About us. About them. About the Cullens. Edward told her everything." By now Rowan was a total reck, running her fingers through her hair as an effort to calm her head.

Nothing but silence was heard as Evelyn opened her mouth and shut it, trying to find words. "I need to go fix this. Stay here."

Rowan followed her aunt towards the front door. "Where are you going?"

"It's none of your concern!" She yelled, walking out of the house.