¹³, TWIN FLAMES

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆.
chapter thirteen; Twin Flames
" The legend of the twin flames. "

A thunderstorm had rolled into town later that week, and Edward had invited Bella to play baseball with him and his family

A thunderstorm had rolled into town later that week, and Edward had invited Bella to play baseball with him and his family. Bella was nervous to tell Charlie about the date, so she had invited Rowan over a few hours prior so that he'd go easier on her once he was there to pick her up.

"Hey, got you another one." Bella said to her dad, handing him a second beer as he was cleaning his shotgun.

"Thanks."

Bella looked up at Rowan who gave her a look to tell him. "I have a date with Edward Cullen."

"Isn't he a little old for you?" Charlie asked. Rowan snorted, making Bella glare at her.

"No, he's a junior. I'm a junior." She said, "I thought you liked the Cullens."

"I thought you didn't like any of the boys in town." Charlie retorted, taking a sip of his drink.

"Edward doesn't live in town... technically. He's right outside."

"He is?"

"Yeah, he wanted to meet you officially." She said. Charlie looked at Bella for a moment then turned to Rowan.

"What about you, what do you think of him?" He asked her.

"So-so." Rowan replied honestly.

"Huh." Charlie hummed with a snap of his shotgun, "Alright, bring him in."

Bella grimaced. "Could you be nice, please? He's important."

Charlie sarcastically circled an invisible halo above his head. Rowan took the uncomfortableness as a sign to leave.

"Well, I think I should get going." Rowan spoke before Bella went to go get Edward. "Bye, you two."

"-Bye Rowe."

"-See ya later, Rowan."

As she went to go let herself out, she saw Edward waiting by the doorframe. In a joking manner, she patted his back as a way to say "good luck," before leaving.

*   *   *

Hours later, Rowan was in the living room with her aunt. Rowan reading a book, and Evelyn finishing a glass of wine. But as the girl neared the end of the chapter, she felt a strong gaze. Looking up, she saw her aunt staring straight at her.