²³, FACE-PUNCH

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆.
chapter twenty-three; Face-Punch
" I don't know what this feeling is. "

"I did see something in the woods

"I did see something in the woods." Angela told the group during lunch, continuing with her story of spotting an unknown creature in the forest while exploring.

"Oh, yeah?" Rowan said, having an idea of what it actually was. The conversation reminded her to advise the pack to be more discreet.

"Totally. Baby, I believe you." Eric told the girl with glasses, holding her hand.

"No he doesn't," Jessica snorted, "He's just trying to get lucky."

"I don't know, Jessica. You never really know what happens in those woods." Vanessa said with a wink, earning a harsh nudge from Sacha. "Ow, what?"

"No, okay. It was jet black and huge." Angela said, "On all fours, it was still taller than a person. A bear, maybe?"

No bear, Sam. Rowan thought.

"Or an alien." Mike sarcastically replied, "you're lucky you didn't get probed."

"Well, I saw it."

"You're not the only one." A familiar voice called, and Rowan looked up to see Bella.

She was surprised that she had decided to join the table that day, but wasn't surprised as Bella had slowly began to rejoin civilization. The entire group watched as she sat herself down next to them.

"Hmm." Lilura hummed.

"My dad's been getting reports at the station. Like, five hikers have been killed by some bear. But they can't find the bear."

"Bear? That doesn't sound right." Rowan whispered to Sacha.

"Circe thinks that there's some stray vampires visiting the town." She told her, "Nothing to worry about as long as we let them feed and go." But the thought of bloodsuckers always sent a chill down the magickal people's spines.

"Last time you clowns doubt my girlfriend." Eric said, laughing over the witches' private whisperings.

As the rest of the group continued to talk amongst themselves, Mike decided to talk to Bella separately in hopes to ask her on a date. Roman only slightly heard the conversation, but the entire interaction made her cringe. She was happy that Bella decided to cut the awkward talk short, bringing in the rest of them.