The look of disgust faded out of Dominics eyes as he listened to the boy's grateful plea. This was all Dom wanted. To feel like the hero he always tried to be. He laid his hand on the boy's back and kneeled down to meet his tiny size. "Don't thank me yet." He nodded, sticking his hand in his suit, pulling out another needle, "Can you pick a lock, kid?" He asked. The boy nodded. The Chamber sure did teach you a thing or two about locks. "Great," Dominic placed the thin silver in the boy's palm, "Help me get these other cells open. And quick." The boy nodded, rushing quickly to another cell, Dominic following.

I smiled, a feel of hope tugging at my heart. A warmess for Dominic. Even if he didn't show interest in it, I knew that moment with the boy would burn in Dominics memory forever. A good memory peeking through all the bad ones. I hadn't even noticed I wandered to the clear cell, until a someone call to me.

"You're not wearing a helmet?" a thick voice of a girl drew.

I turned my head in shock, peering into the transparent glass walls that stood between me and the girl inside. She looked to be around my age, tall and curvy, though her facial features looked awfully young. She had silky long auburn hair, like the vibrant bark of a redwood tree. A rare color like that couldn't be missed a mile away. It was hard to tell the shade of her eyes under the harsh light, but they seemed vivid, emerald maybe? Her complexion appeared soft, pale with a pinkish tint on her round cheeks and plump lips, her figure hugged in a dull white prisoner set. I eyed up the cell, a sign hung on the door, a yellow warning sign screaming the letters, MW.

MW? What could that mean? I pondered. Then, thoughted erupted like the spark of a match, Oh...Mind Wielder.

Hexers were not kept in prison cells, they stayed with the officials. Mozacks and Animos were not seen  dangerous enough to be kept away in such closure, they would be imprisoned along with all the other Immunes. That only left one option, a menacing one too. She's a Deja.

"No." I cleared my throat and stiffened my back. "No helmet."

"Why? You're a trooper, no?" She flashed her eyes like a doll

What is she trying to get out of me? I couldn't free a Mind Wielder...especially a Deja. She cannot know why I'm here.

"It messes up my hair."

"Hmm." she pressed her lips together, "Normally I would complement beautiful raven hair like yours, but im not stupid. Troopers never take off their helmets, it is a part of their stupid code to Detra or something."

I gulped, pulling my braid nervously over my shoulder and brushing my fingers against the thick coils. Shit. I had a lot of strengths, but it's easy to say lying was not one of them.

"Well you're obviously not a trooper," Her eyes traveled down my body, studying every inch in a single glance, "Who are you then?"

This girls cocky isn't she?

"It's not your concern who I am." I shook my head

The girl lifted her chin, her eyes searching over my body, catching a glimpse of the boy picking each cell lock. A line of Immunes circled below the vent, Dominic lifting each one up to the ceiling and telling them to crawl to the end until they found Cassian and Lani. The girl's eyes lit up, her lips parted. "Oh my god." She said softly, then repeated herself a bit louder.

"You're freeing us!" A grin lined the brim of her mouth.

"No." I choked, "Were just...uh, relocating you guys."

"You know." The girl lifted her sharp brow, "You're a terrible liar."

I rubbed my palm on my forehead, How the hell do I tell her this. I sighed, "I...I cant free you."