one

this story contains korean honourifics

"kookie any luck?" he heard his mother's voice as he looked at her and shook his head.

"i applied in three places, let's see if they accept it" jungkook said as his mom nodded and handed him the glass of milk.

"i'm gonna miss you so much once you move to seoul" she says as jungkook sadly smiles.

"i'm gonna miss you too mom but i really want to do this" jungkook says as she nods and smiles.

"go to sleep, you've been on that laptop since the morning" his mom said as he nodded and shut down his laptop.

"goodnight mom" he said as he kissed her cheek and walked up to his room.

jungkook was originally from Busan but he was going to move to Seoul for pursuing dance.

his dad and his mom had gotten a divorce when jungkook was 16, and he handled it pretty well, it was definitely devastating to see his parents split up at such a young age but he figured that if it made both of them happy then he would have to just accept it and move on.

the next morning, jungkook woke up and checked the time, it was 8:07 am, he lazily dragged himself out of bed and headed downstairs.

"good morning" his mother greeted him as he smiled

"good morning" he said as he sat on the dining table and took out his phone to see if any of the three landlords responded.

Mr Jung : hi is this Jeon Jungkook?

"mom! one person replied!" he exclaimed as he types out a reply

me : hello sir, yes this is Jungkook

Mr Jung : oh good, are you still willing to take up the rental apartment?

Me : yes sir

Mr Jung : okay do you mind if i call you? to ask a few questions

Me : that's not a problem sir

jungkook's phone rang as he gulped and accepted the call.

"hello jungkook"
"hello Mr. Jung"
"so i just have a few basic questions and things to tell you"
"okay"
"why are you moving to seoul?"
"i want to join a company to pursue dance"
"oh okay, you will be having a roommate, he is about your age, do you have a problem with that?"
"not at all sir"
"i just need you to keep the place clean and tidy okay?"
"yes sir"
"everything else seems about right, when are you planning to move in?"
"i was thinking monday?"
"okay, i'll let your roommate know , oh and also, rent payment should be done within the first week of every month"
"yes sir, thank you so much" and with that jungkook hung up the call.

"mom! i got it! i got the apartment" he exclaimed as his mother came out of the kitchen smiling.

"that's great! when are you moving?" she asked

"monday, so i have about five days left" he said as she sadly smiled.

"i'll call the packers and movers" she said as jungkook nodded and let out a sigh of relief.

five days later

jungkook stood in front of the apartment building with his bag, he looked at it for a few seconds as a small smile made its way on his lips.

"roommate, please be a nice person and not a drug dealer" he mumbles to himself as he walks in the building and then into the elevator.

"apartment 613" jungkook muttered as he looked up at the door that said the same thing.

jungkook took in a deep breathe, he took out his keys and inserted them in the keyhole.

"maybe i should knock?" he thought to himself as he put the keys back in his pocket and knocked on the door.