Chapter 41: A New Life (Part 1)

Here is the continuation with the revelation of paternity to the two soldiers. Hope you like it :).

As a gift, a cut scene showing us clearly Neytiri's future pregnancy. I hope you will like the conclusion x). Feel free to comment or vote, if you like.

Jake's POV

I sat down at a section of the Soul Tree, sighing with exhaustion. I had managed to negotiate a break, before launching the attack towards the base. I was hoping Max was okay, the panic before he cut the camera before the assault worried me. We had already lost Ben, Grace and now Trudy. Plus, Norm was almost killed. I was hoping the list wouldn't get any longer.

Voice: You look exhausted, Jake.

Me: You have no idea, Ben!

I paused, thinking back to what I had just said in disbelief, before looking up at the source of the voice. In front of me stood an avatar
of a medium size, with a particular build. His face showed a young man of my age, but I could see our difference by his amused look.

Me: Ben?! But you're dead! Didn't we burn your body?

He sighed, before giving me a slap on the back of my head.

Me: What?

Ben: It's from Grace. She asked me to do it, to punish you for your stupidity with the House Tree.

I had a nervous laugh at that statement. I could see Grace doing that to me, indeed. But wait...

Me: You saw Grace?!

Ben: Yes, Jake. And all I have to do is go away for three days, and you'll get your stripes! Look at that! Sixth Toruk Makto!

Me, smiling: Let's say I acted according to the circumstances.

Ben smiles: I'm going to end up believing that Eywa likes you!

Me laughing: Don't push it! And I'm already taken!

Ben: With you, it's better to expect everything!

We both laughed and that was enough to calm the atmosphere. And I really needed it, with the latest events.

Neytiri's POV

With hesitation and impatience, I was looking for my partner to tell him the good news. I was looking for him towards the chiefs, but I could not find him. So I began to inspect every nook and cranny, when I recognized his laughter accompanied by another. I hurried over there and saw him sitting at the Soul Tree. Next to him, another uniltiranyu whose energy seemed to be linked with another, whom I knew only too well. That of my sister. Thus, it was her partner.

So I walked towards them, with a light step, until they saw me. Jake smiled brightly at me, while his friend looked at me with a smile, too, but out of curiosity.

Jake: My love! There you are!

Uniltiranyu: Your love? Hey, did I miss an episode?

Me: Jake and I did tsahaylu.

He looked at us, with a surprised eye.

Uniltiranyu: What?!

Jake smiling, happy: Yes. A lot has happened in such a short time.

He looked at me with that same fire, on our night of union. And I couldn't help but do the same, caught in his charm. To the point of forgetting my sister's partner for a moment.

Uniltiranyu: I see that!

I turned towards him, looking at him from head to toe. He looked young but had a strange glow in his eyes. His build, too, was strange to say the least. I never had a dream walker like that. Or any member of the People, for that matter.