Chapter 11: Scary Dry Mouth

Hello, here is the continuation with Ben's expedition. Don't hesitate to put a comment and vote ( if you like it )

When Ben woke up, he was in his box coming out of the neurological link.
Despite his body's lack of activity, his brain indicated deep fatigue. He knew the reasons for this, for having suffered so much during his training. But it was still as unpleasant as ever. To add to this, his belly was gurgling, showing him the lack of energy in his last hours. However, he was in a hurry at that moment. To sleep. But he had to feed his body if he wanted to hold on. As for the sailor, the return to his body was very painful. Needless to say why.

Il n'attendit pas le reste de l'équipe pour sortir de la salle afin de trouver quelque chose à manger avant de rejoindre son lit.

The next morning, Ben had breakfast with his childhood friends Sted, infantry commander, Dyle, infantry captain and Gaël, sergeant of the 2nd Swan Company.

All four have a body forged by years of missions, if we could judge by the musculature of their arms. Sted, had hair turning to blond with bright yellow eyes showing an intelligent personality but could be violent if the line was crossed. Dyle had tanned skin and traces of black hair while his eyes were dark green. Only Ben had his hair left, while his friends were cut very short, like any military man. Dyle's physique showed that he was a resourceful and ingenious person who could demonstrate unparalleled cunning. Gaël had brown hair and his face and physique showed that he was a person who was not afraid to go out and face the enemy. The three wore their military outfits, while their friend was content with a sober black t-shirt where only his white badge with the GDR logo and a passport photo provided some clarity. He had dark blue jeans, contrasting with those of his friends, still in uniform

Sted by drinking an orange-like juice: Ben, je ne comprends pas pourquoi tu t'es engagé dans ce programme ! C'est une décision débile de ta part. (Well, I don't understand why you signed up for this program! It's a stupid decision on your part.)
Dyle: Tu marques un point. Tu m'as déçu ce coup là, Ben. You have a point. (You disappointed me on that one, Ben.)
Ben: Mais de quoi je me mêle vous deux ? C'est une décision que je n'ai pas prise à la légère. Je vous rappelle que j'ai réfléchi pendant trois semaines avant de m'y engager. Toute façon, ce qui fait est fait. Alors... Vous ne voulez pas me dire comment s'est passé votre journée d'hier ? (But what do I care about the two of you? This is a decision I did not take lightly. I remind you that I thought about it for three weeks before committing to it. Anyway, what's done is done. So... You don't want to tell me how your day went yesterday?)
Sted : A vrai dire, c'était un peu dur pour une première journée. Nous avons eu affaire à un Titanosaure. Tu sais c'est une sorte de rhinocéros... (Actually, it was a bit tough for a first day. We were dealing with a Titanosaurus. You know it's a kind of rhino... )

Ben: Je sais ce que c'est. Comment vous avez survécu ? Ces créatures, bien qu'elles sont très agressives, ne se déplacent jamais seules. (I know what it is. How did you survive? These creatures, although very aggressive, never move alone.)
Sted: Sois patient et tu connaitras le fin mot de l'histoire. Alors, on était envoyé dans un secteur afin de vérifier s'il était viable pour un avant poste. Nous étions six avec un AMP. Mais au moment d'arriver dans la zone, nous avons croisé la route de cette satanée bestiole.(Be patient and you will know the end of the story. So, we were sent to an area to check if it was viable for an outpost. There were six of us with an MPA. But when we arrived in the area, we crossed the road of this damn beast.

Thus, he recounted how a fool could not resist the urge to pull the trigger, the painful death of the AMP pilot accompanying them and the rescue of Gaël who was patrolling nearby.

Ben, giving the sergeant a pat on the shoulder: Bien joué ! ( Well Done!)
Gäel en souriant: Eh oui, mec ! T'inquiètes, je suis toujours là quand il faut ! Maintenant, à ton tour Ben. Raconte nous ta première journée avec les binoclars. (That's right, man! Don't worry, I'm always there when you need me! Now it's your turn Ben. Tell us about your first day with the nerd.)
Ben: Ok (Okay.)