Chapter 37: Gathering and Resentment

Here is the continuation with the meeting between Jake, sixth Toruk Makto, and Lutsey. Will he be able to convince her to join him, despite her resentment? Will Lutsey forgive him? I leave it to you to find out for yourself. Feel free to comment and vote ( if you like ).

Jake's POV

Neytiri was happy with the news, with what I could hear from her screams and feelings that emanated from her. However, I did not share the same joy of meeting her younger sister.

The last time we had seen each other, she made it clear to me that she did not like me. With the fall of Kelutral because of me, I was not trying to imagine what she would do to me if she saw me. But I didn't really have a choice.

Neytiri: Don't worry, Jake. You are Toruk makto, and I will be there to defend you.

I smiled, greatly appreciating her attention to me. I needed encouragement to face the challenge ahead of me.

Kelutral was getting closer to our vision, and we landed in a space big enough to accommodate the Toruk.

His presence did not fail to attract the interest of the clan and even more so when they saw me. Some looked at me with admiration and hope while others seemed to gnash their teeth, obviously not happy to see me.

However, we were let through, without too much disturbance. I could hear cries of encouragement against me, but I could also see tension. It was strange to see so many differences, for a clan that was supposed to hate the People of Heaven. Maybe because of my status as Toruk Makto.

We finally arrive, in front of the person I was afraid to see. The little sister was standing in front of us with a fruit in her hand and seemed to continue eating. She looked at me with her cold and hostile eyes. Her usual look when she saw me.

Me with a smile: You forgot a meal, my olo'eyktan?

Neytiri with an annoyed look: Jake ! This is not the time !

Me with an embarrassed smile: Sorry!

I couldn't help trying to lighten this heavy and burdensome atmosphere. Lutsey withdrew his intention from me, and stared at Neytiri. Immediately, her harsh expression disappeared, and a big smile appeared instead. I could see tears coming out of her eyes, even from where I was standing.

Lutsey: Big sister? Is that you?

Neytiri smiling, with tears in her eyes as well: Yes, little sister.

She didn't pay any attention to me and immediately went to hug her sister, crying in her arms. Well...I could see that my status hadn't changed her opinion of me, it seems.

Lutsey: I thought...I thought you were dead....With Father...

Neytiri: It's all right, little sister. I'm here and we're going to avenge his death. Right Tsu'tey?

She turned her eyes to the young chief, soon followed by his sister. At the sight of the smiles that she threw, she seemed happy to see him. I could even see a smile from Tsu'tey. It was the first time I saw him smile, other than to make fun of me.

Lutsey: What about Mother? What about the rest of the tribe?

Neytiri : They are well, little sister. We are still in shock, from the loss of our house and Father. But the arrival of Jake as Toruk Makto, has brought us hope for the future.

Lutsey: I am...so happy to see you! I thought I lost you too.

Neytiri smiling: I had to be here to keep an eye on you. You always have a knack for getting into trouble.