Chapter 21: Family Reunion

Here is the continuation with the return and the conversation between the two sisters. Of course, Jake is there, too! Feel free to comment and vote (if you like it).

Earlier, at the Kelutral of the Omatikayas,

Neytiri was in charge of Jake's apprenticeship. Today was the course of Pali's rising to the flood. The first time, this tawtute fell at the first ride.

Today, she noticed, with some joy, that he was progressing because he held the first gallop.

Jake: Hey look at that!

Unfortunately, it didn't last and he fell to the ground, rolling in the mud under the amused smiles of his tutor.

Jake: Oh shit!

She helped him up when a shadow, similar to an Ikran, crossed them.

They raised their heads as Jake cleaned the mud off his chest. A yellow Ikran signaled its arrival with a small, shrill cry.

Jake: Are you expecting a visit?

Neytiri remained silent for a moment before mumbling something that the sailor did not hear. Then she ran to the Kelutral.

Jake: Hey!

Jake started to follow her, wondering why his guardian was behaving so strangely.

Lutsey finally landed in the Kelutral of omatikayas after flying all morning. Once down, she gave a reproachful look to Tahni, her ikran.

Lutsey: You have to make yourself heard...

She heard footsteps coming towards her and smiled as she recognized them. The young olo'eyktan looked up and saw her father and her adoptive mother. She went towards them with a radiant smile before purring under her mother's arms before facing her adoptive father.

Eytukan: You seem to have matured since the last time Lutsey.

Lutsey smiled: You haven't changed, though.

This one gave it back to him. Suddenly, a voice cut them off in their silent exchange.

Neytiri: Little sister! She barely had time to turn her head when Neytiri jumped on her and hugged her with all the weight of her love for her.

Neytiri : I missed you so much! Why didn't you come back before?

Lutsey: Arg... Neytiri... You're suffocating me!

This one spread a little red as the young olo'eyktan took a breath.

Lutsey : I felt that I missed you !

Neytiri : You only had to come more often !

Eytukan: Neytiri, your sister has responsibilities now. She can't come as she wishes.

Mo'at: You also have responsibilities to fulfill, my daughter.

Neytiri: But... It's been a long time... The look in her mother's eyes convinced her that it was useless to insist. She breathed a sigh of exasperation before walking away, making room for herself in the crowd.

Lutsey didn't prefer to ask the question, but she was intrigued by her adoptive mother's words. What responsibilities was she talking about?

During the descent, she chatted with her father and her mentor while everyone went back to their activities but delighted.

Eytukan: What is the reason for your visit, my daughter?

Lutsey: I needed to recharge my batteries. Let's just say I'm under constant pressure right now.