• Don't You Dare •

You knew Dolores Umbridge was a bad news to Hogwarts. Whenever she was around, you would always felt something was wrong about her— Well, everything about her was off.

Your husband always noticed when you were uncomfortable around that woman. Thus, Severus always held your hand in his when Umbridge was around, assuring you that nothing was going to hurt you as long as he was there.

However when Umbridge was standing across you in your office, you could not help but admitted that you hate that woman. She eyed your office and acted as if she was disgusted by your choice of furnitures, giving you a mocking smile as her eyes landed on you.

"You teach Study of Ancient Runes, is that right?"

She asked, with her sickeningly sweet voice, you knew she was nothing close to sweet. She must had a hidden meaning behind her every word.

"Yes, I have been teaching for a few years now."

You answered, trying to fake a smile as you told yourself to be professional. Umbridge was expecting you to scowl at her, but that did not happen hence she was kind of surprise.

"Do you think you're a good teacher, Professor L/N?"

Umbridge asked, raising her eyebrows. You cleared your throat and gave her a small smile.

"That question should be asked to my students. I cannot rate myself, but they can."

You replied casually, ever the selfless— You despised to speak so highly of yourself but you never downgraded your potential either.

"Pathetic."

Umbridge whispered under her breath but you were quick to catch it. You frowned and anger rose in your chest.

"Excuse me?"

You retorted, the rage in your chest was bubbling when you saw her malicious smile. Oh, how you hoped you could smack her right on her face.

"I believe the students call you Professor L/N instead of Professor Snape. Why is that?"

She knew about your marriage with Severus, of course, she did. But was that question even necessary?

"I use my name to avoid confusion. It would be hard for students if there are two Professor Snape around here."

Clearly, your answer was not expected by her. She was not impressed, and you could see it in her eyes. She was anticipating another answer, a harsh one.

"Oh, that's good. I thought you were ashamed of your husband."

She chuckled, and your eyes widen at her words. Ashamed of your husband? You felt as if your face was turning red, your anger was screaming to get out of your chest.

"Why would I be ashamed of Severus?"

You spat, irrirated that she would ever think that you could be ashamed of your lovely husband. You were so proud of him. Everyday you woke up, thankful that you were married to such a great man.

"Perhaps because he failed to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts, several times.."

She let out a vicious giggle, maybe she was hoping to tick you off. You curled your hands in fist and chewed on your bottom lip. It took all you had not to scream in her face.

"That, and the fact that he is not a great wizard at all. What a pathetic excuse for a husband, he is. I thought you were ashamed of him—"

You could not control yourself any longer. You did not realise when did your fist meet with her face, breaking her nose. She screamed in pain and you noticed you just punched her in the face, literally.