• Everything I Need •

Severus watched as you walked by his side, almost skipping in your steps. Your eyes sparkled in excitement as your delicate fingers touched the tip of every flower. He could not help but noticed how your plump lips curled into a radiant smile, melting his cold heart. He smiled faintly, he wondered how you could manage to look so alluring in his eyes.

However, his smile disappeared and he kept a straight face when you looked up at him. You grinned at him, happy that he was there to accompany you. Severus wanted to return your smile, but he just gave you a nod instead. It was a routine for you and him, to take a night walk together around Hogwarts, far from the judging glares of the students but still able to capture the beauty of the castle.

Severus' mind was battling against his lonely heart. He knew he was falling for you, his potions assistant, such a young and beautiful lady that had stolen his heart. He never thought that he would get a second chance in love, but it all changed when you came to Hogwarts and made your way into his heart.

While everyone thought that he was nothing more than a cold hearted professor, you thought so much more of him. You always tried to talk to him, comfort him with your efficacious words and smiled at him whenever he was feeling down. He realised that you had never been seen without a smile on your lovely face. That was one of many things that he adored about you. Severus could not deny his feeling any longer.

He was in love with you.

But there was one thing that stopped him from loving you. Severus Snape thought that he did not deserve you.

He was cold, while you were warm. You were his light, but he was afraid if he touched you, you might be affected by his darkness. He was worried if one day he might end up hurting your fragile heart. He never wanted to hurt you, but he knew he ended up hurting everyone that he loved.

Thus Severus kept pushing his love away for you. But it seemed like you never wanted to be away from him. You always came back to him, always. And it was hard for him to isolate his feeling while you were always by his side. Love was tormenting the Potions Master, to a point that he wanted to kiss you and never let you go, but he could not.

Just like today.

Your table was located across the professor's in his office, and if you look up from your work now you would see him watching you with adoration. But you were too focused on your work, and you were determined to finish them before the sun sets.

"Y/N."

"Yes, Severus?"

You didn't even look up from the papers, and it brought a smirk upon Severus' face. You were a hardworking person, very keen in what you were doing. He stood up from his chair and walked towards you, and yet you were too busy to notice him.

"You dare not to look at your superior while talking to him?"

He asked, a smirk was dancing on his lips. You stopped working and looked at him who was standing in front of you now. You chuckled softly and shook your head.

"Forgive me, Professor Snape. But I want to finish grading these papers before evening."

You decided to use his title, making he smiled. He looked at the papers that you were grading on your table, then his gaze landed on you.

"Do you have any plans this evening? Why are you in such a rush?"

He frowned slightly. You smiled shyly at him and for a moment, Severus was worried. What if someone had asked you out this evening and you accepted? The Potions Master could not bear the thought of you being in another's arms.

"I want to visit the library today. I haven't been there for almost a week, and you know how much I love books."

You told him eagerly. The gleam in your eyes sent butterflies fluttering in his stomach. And oh, how he loved this feeling! He hated to admit, but you managed to make him feels things that he had never felt before. Not even with his past love, no, you were far too precious for him to be compared with her. You did not just replace her in his heart, but you also had a special place there, that had never been occupied by any other person in his life.