• Enemy •

this is supposed to be during the first war.
-

The night seemed too cold and too dark, sending shivers ran down your spine as you rushed to find your friends. You were separated from them when the Death Eaters noticed there were intruders, and even if you were lucky not to be noticed by them, you had to find your friends from the order.

The order has sent four members including you on a rather risky task, and if before this you were not scared of anything, now you would be lying if you say you were not frightened. You never doubted your friends' abilities to fight, but the Death Eaters were fast and ruthless, and it was worrying you about their safety.

Your heart dropped when you heard a bloodcurdling scream that you quickly recognised coming from one of your friends. Rushing towards the sound of their scream, you were stopped by a tall figure looming in front of you, with his black robes touching the ground.

A person who was close to your heart, so familiar yet oddly it felt like he was a stranger now. 

"Severus."

You breathed out, something was clawing on your heart, as you looked into his empty dark eyes that used to hold so much love and affection for you. Perhaps those warm feelings were still inside of him, but they were buried deeply, and he masked them well with his stone cold glare that he set upon you.

"Y/N."

It had been so long since the last time you heard his silky voice said your name, and hearing it brought a plethora of good memories that you did not want to remember anymore. Not when the man who stood before you was not the same man that you fell in love with.

"You shouldn't be here."

He stated, as if you were entitled to listen to him after what happened between you and him. You could still remember how he chose to abandon you, to leave the relationship and to forget your love; all for the thirst of power that he hoped would be quench once the Dark Lord was in control.

"Get out of my way, Snape."

You spat, holding on tighter to your wand until your knuckles turned white. You did not want to hurt him, and you knew he would never hurt you. The love that you had for him was overwhelming you, and it felt so wrong to love a man who became your enemy since he decided to step into the other side, ignoring your pleads and cries for him.

"If you don't leave, I might have to hurt you, Y/N." 

"You already did."

You whispered, tears welled up in your eyes as you lowered your wand, letting your feelings resurfaced. It was hard to live, knowing that the love of your life was against you, and you were not able to rescue him from his harsh decision.

Severus' heart was crushed when you ignored his threat, and a wave of realisation hit him hard, that he had already hurt you when he decided to leave you behind. It was something that he chose when he became a Death Eater, but he did not choose to leave you. Your different belief separated you from him, and it affected both of you in the worst ways possible.

"You should come with me, love."

Severus tried, for the thousandth of times to persuade you, following him like a shadow, sharing his belief so that both of you could be together like before. He missed those days when you and him would walk together in the halls, studying sessions in the library that could turn into hours of kisses, and those memorable days when you moved in with him, picturing a perfect future that both of you would create together. 

"We should be together."

He added, wishing that you would open your eyes and accepted the fact that he was not a bad guy for believing in what was right in his eyes. Severus loved you, and he wanted to live with you. He was exhausted of protecting you from afar, in fear that perhaps one day you would fall into the hands of his merciless friends and you would be hurt.