• Sneak Up •

Severus fought back a smile when he could hear your footsteps, no matter how hard you were trying to be quiet. He knew you were planning to sneak up on him, you did it a few times already but failing miserably every single time. Severus was not letting you succeed that night, not ever. He continued to grade the papers, leaning back against his chair comfortably.

He had to clench his jaw when he heard your little 'Ouch' when you knocked over some furnitures in his office, holding back a chuckle in his throat. His wife was really bad at staying quiet, and suddenly his head was filled with the thoughts of how loud you could be in bed too. His face turned red, and he quickly shook those thoughts from his mind. He had to get his work done.

"If you think you can sneak up on me, you're very wrong, Mrs Snape."

He declared, not even looking up from the papers. You groaned in annoyance when you realised that he had noticed your presence in his office.

"You're so annoying."

You mumbled, walking towards him. A smirk was dancing on his lips when he finally looked at you. His dark robes was draped over your shoulder, engulfing you with his scent that you always adored. His clothes were too big for you, and yet, you loved to put them on. Severus could not help but smiled as he thought how adorable you were and pride washed over him when you were wearing his clothes, showing that you were his.

"You should go to sleep, love."

"I don't want to sleep without you."

You murmured, sending a kaleidoscope of feelings into his heart. Sometimes he wondered how much power you held over him, leaving him breathless and helpless in love with every sweet word that you utter from your mouth.

"Come here, you can sit in my lap until I'm done working."

A deep chuckle erupted in his chest when you squealed at his words. You walked to sit in his lap, almost skipping as you were so eager to be close to your husband after a long day.

Severus smiled, grateful to see how happy you were with him. Your happiness was something that he prioritise, no matter whenever and wherever he was. He sighed in content when you buried your face in his chest. He loved it when you did that, it made him feel so important to you. You were his beautiful angel that he wanted to protect and love with all of his heart.

"You can sleep, love."

He suggested, when you yawned. But being the hard-headed person you were, you shook your head and looked up at him sleepily.

"Don't be silly. I want to stay up with you."

"If you say so."

He kissed your forehead lovingly, knowing that you would only fall asleep even if you said that you would not. After a few moments, Severus smiled when he heard your soft and steady breathing, noticing that you had fallen asleep.

He took a moment to gaze at his loving wife who was sleeping peacefully. He would be forever grateful to have you in his life, not even a day that he would want to live without you. You scrunched your nose when your hair fell on your face, looking so cute that it sent warmth wrapped around your husband's heart.

"Let's get you in bed, my love."

He whispered softly, carrying you in his arms and walked to your shared bedroom. He tucked you in bed, pressing a kiss on your head and a sigh escaped his lips. He wanted to stay in bed with you, his body was aching for some good sleep but he still had much work to do.

He was turning to go back to his office when he heard your voice. You were whining, and he could not quite understand what you were saying. He raised his eyebrows when you sat up in bed, rubbing your eyes sleepily.

"Go back to sleep, love."

He said, smiling broadly as he realised you were not fully awake yet. You shook your head and opened your arms. Severus sat next to you, pulling you into his arms. He chuckled when you sighed happily, burying your face in the crook of his neck.

"You can go back to sleep. I have some work to do."

"No, I'm not letting you go. The bed is cold without you."

Your voice was muffled, but he could still understand what you were saying. He cocked his eyebrow when he realised you almost fell asleep again in his arms.

"Stay with me, Sevy. Please?"

Severus would roll his eyes every time you called him with that nickname. However, that night, he just grinned. You were smiling sleepily at him, clearly you were still half-asleep. He was astonished with how clingy you were, and considered about going to bed with you. His work could wait, he thought.

"My darling wife is very endearing when she is half-asleep."

He teased, making you pout. His heart was swarmed with love and affection as you looked at him with your luminous eyes. You did so many wonderful things to his heart, and he believed that you were the reason his heart was still beating against his chest.

"I'm staying, alright? I love you."

He pecked your lips softly, and you leaned against his chest. He hummed to you, something that no one thought that he would do, but you knew that he was different with you. You were slowly lulled to sleep by his voice, and he cracked a smile.

"I love you so much, Sevy."

You mumbled, dozing off in the arms of your husband. Severus gazed at you lovingly, appreciating your beautiful features as he let himself fall asleep as well. It was true, his heart was still beating because of you. You were his reason.

-
40k reads already?! You guys are amazing 😭
I really appreciate your love and support, and I apologise if I cannot take your requests at the moment :( 

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH <3

9th January 2021