• Cookies and Tea (4) •

It had been a few months since Severus went on a date with you, and luckily it did not stop there. Both of you went on many wonderful dates after that, whether it was in a cozy coffee shop that you loved so much, or even just in the comfort of his home. It did not take him long to ask you to be his lover. He slowly realised that he was falling in love, looking forward to every weekend, his heart was yearning to see you and hold you in his arms.

His days were easier to tolerate now that he was anticipating to get through them, just to see you again during his weekends. His colleagues noticed his change of demeanours, and he rarely gave detention to his foolish students, creating many questions in their minds as why Professor Snape looked so content these days.

At first, it was frightening the students with how forgiving he was with them whenever they made small mistakes, shrugging them off without deducting their house points. But they were glad, and they were really curious to know the reason behind the Potions Master's happiness.

He would be much happier during a particular day when you would send him a letter, and at that moment, his colleagues would be blessed to see his genuine smile. They were expecting him to smile like usual, as the owl dropped the letter into his hands, but to their surprise, a devastated sigh escaped the professor's lips as he read your letter.

"What's wrong, Severus?"

Minerva came to ask, upon seeing a frown on the younger professor's face. He never told her about his relationship with you, but only blind people could not tell how smitten he was with you every time you came to see him.

"It's nothing."

He muttered, standing up from his chair and leaving the room. His intimidating long strides brought him back to his room, slamming the door behind him as he looked back at your letter.

"Dear Severus,

I hope you are doing well, love. Please do not skip your meals and remember to take care of yourself for me. I know this week is a hectic week for you and it is for me as well.

I have to tell you that I cannot come to see you this weekend and I'm afraid you cannot come to see me either. I have to finish my work without any distraction if that is possible. I'm really sorry. I promise I will make it up to you soon.

Love,
Y/N."

Severus read it again and again, making sure that he did not miss any word, telling him that you were not coming to see him and he was not allowed to see you. He plopped down on the couch, tearing his gaze away from your letter that was always brought him joy but now he was sad looking at it.

"Stop being dramatic, Severus Snape. It's just a week."

He scoffed, silently judging himself who was being overly dramatic about it. It was not like he could not see you for a month or a year. It would only be for a week.

He would survive without seeing you, wouldn't he?

"A long week without my Y/N."

He mumbled under his breath, thinking of how dull his weekend would be without your presence, and now he had nothing to look forward to. He was back to his regular days, without the excitement of wanting to see you when the week has ended.

"A sad and long week without my sweet angel."

He chuckled half-heartedly, remembering how flustered you were when he called you with that nickname for the first time. His shoulders slumped and he felt as if his energy was drained, a frown never left his face as he stared at your beautiful handwriting on the letter. He really missed you.