• His Favourite Student •

severus snape x student reader <3
i'm sorry if you're not in ravenclaw, but i just think that ravenclaw is so underrated and it fits in this story (partly because i'm in ravenclaw lmao) so enjoy!
-

"Just admit it, Professor!"

You said, a cheeky grin was plastered on your face. You were sitting in a chair across your favourite professor, while he was grading papers. Severus slowly looked up from the papers, and you were happy that you got his attention.

"Don't you have better things to do, Y/N?"

He was irritated but you knew he secretly liked it when you were there.

"I do. I actually have a new book that I want to show you but let's do that tomorrow. Now, is it true that I'm your favourite student?"

You looked at him with a big smile on your face, the gleam in your eyes could be notice so easily by the professor.

"Where did you get this idea?"

He playfully scoffed, but failed to hide his smirk.

"Everyone is talking about I am your favourite student. Even Draco told me the same!"

You exclaimed, excitement was bubbling in your chest. You loved his subject and he was your favourite professor. Thus, the thought of being his favourite student was clouding your mind.

"Why would you trust Malfoy?"

"Because he's my friend and he's in Slytherin."

You could not think of any other reasons so you just said those things without thinking. Severus cocked his eyebrow and continued to grade his papers, ignoring you.

"Well, you have to admit it sooner or later. But you have to know that you are my favourite professor!"

You told him, a chuckle escaped your lips. Severus sighed and shook his head. Sometimes he wondered how did he tolerate you. If you were any other students, you would already have detention for months but well, you were you.

You were an excellent student with a kind heart. You always helped him after class and prepare the ingredients for his other classes. You spent most of your time with him, reading books and discussing about things that other students would never think of. Not to mention, you were a little bit weird but that was what made you so special.

Perhaps you were his favourite student.

"Am I really your favourite professor?"

He asked, smiling softly and you knew not many people were lucky to see Professor Snape smiling.

"Yes, you're the best!"

The zest in your voice was annoying, but somehow he needed it to get through his days. It was your final year in Hogwarts. He was thinking once you leave, how could he cope with his days without hearing your voice?

"If Professor Flitwick knows you think I am your favourite professor instead of him, the head of Ravenclaw house, he would not be too happy."

Severus said, a smirk was dancing on his lips. Your eyes widen and you nodded in agreement. You liked Professor Flitwick, and he treated you well because you were one of the best Ravenclaw students he ever had.

"He's great! He thinks that he is my favourite  professor but actually it's you."

You mumbled, a guilty smile was emblazoned on your face. Severus just shook his head.

"A lying Ravenclaw, you're not the best student after all, aren't you?"

He teased, and you groaned in annoyance.

"Don't say that. Flitwick said I'm his best student. How cool is that?"

You stated proudly. Severus nodded weakly at your words. He knew you worked really hard and you were just a wonderful person, of course you would be the best student in Flitwick's eyes.

"You don't need to be my favourite student then. Don't be greedy, Ms L/N."

"I want to be Professor Snape's favourite student."

You muttered, innocence was laced in your voice. Severus could not help but smiled at you.

"It doesn't matter. You're the only one who is allowed to come in my office at this hour."

He said, making you laugh and nodded in realisation. Then you thought of something.

"Will you miss me next year, Professor?"

You tilted your head a bit, suddenly feeling upset knowing that you were in your final year. Severus stopped grading the papers and his gaze softened at the sight of you.

You were looking up at him with your luminous eyes, and somehow he could his whole world reflected in them. The way your lips curled into an enchanting smile, and he would do anything to make sure your smile stay. He could still remember that one time he found you crying, he hated your tears so bad that he was going to expell the Slytherin boy that made you cry.

"Will you miss me?"

You asked again, more hopeful this time. Severus let out a sigh and nodded, smiling genuinely. Your smile got bigger when you saw his smile, and his heart fluttered.

"Of course, I will. You're my favourite student."

- - -
Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy it ❤️

- - -Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy it ❤️

18th November 2020