• Better Than Me •

"I really don't want to be here."

Severus muttered, as soon as you and him arrived at the Grimmauld Place for the order meeting.

"It's alright. I'm here with you."

You winked at him, taking his hand in yours as both of you walked in to see the others. Severus cracked a small smile for you, but his smile dropped once he heard the crescendo which was caused by the other members.

"I prefer to be home right now."

He grumbled, and you chuckled under your breath. You were going to say something to him when somebody called out your name. Severus could not help but rolled his eyes when he saw Remus who was walking towards you.

"Hi, Remus!"

You gave him a friendly hug, and Severus sighed when you were not holding his hand anymore.

"I've missed you, Y/N. It's been quite some time since I last saw you."

Remus said, and he was ignoring your husband's stone cold glare towards him. You just smiled, knowing that Severus did not like the fact that you were close with Remus.

You greeted everyone who was there, and then your eyes landed on a man that you had never met before.

"I'm Sirius Black. Nice to meet you."

He introduced himself, a smirk was dancing on his lips. You shook his extended hand, not knowing how annoyed Severus was to see Sirius.

"It's nice to finally see you too. I've heard from Remus about you."

You gave him a smile, before all of you sat down and you took a seat next to your husband who looked more stern that usual. Sirius sat across you, his eyes never leaving you.

"I'm sorry but I didn't catch your name."

Sirius started, giving you a flirtatious smile. Somehow you knew he was not being friendly with you like Remus did, and you needed to stop him before he could make your husband lose his mind with jealousy.

"Y/N. My name is Y/N Snape." 

You smiled proudly, taking Sirius by surprise. His eyes widen and his jaw dropped, and he let out a gasp when he saw the ring on your finger. Remus snickered at his friend's reaction, patting his back softly while giving you a smile.

Severus was flabbergasted as well, but a smirk was cracked on his lips when you reached for his hand. He knew you were proud to tell that you were his wife and it made his heart fluttered.

"You're— You're married to Snape?"

Sirius was still shocked, and his words seemed to bring the others' attention towards you as well. They all knew about your marriage and apparently Sirius Black was the only who had no idea at all. They tried so hard not to laugh at Sirius' face, who could not swallow the fact that such a beautiful angel like you were married with Severus.

"Yes, she's my wife."

Severus interrupted, a mocking smile was plastered on his face. You looked at your husband and shook your head but unable to hide your smile.

The meeting continued and Sirius was still baffled with the whole situation. He could not help but stared at you during the meeting. You did not notice, but your husband could see that Sirius was eyeing you with so much interest. It took everything in the Potions Master not to break his nose right at the moment.

"Are you alright, love?"

You asked him, as he squeezed your hand tightly. He nodded, but you could see that there was something that was troubling his heart.